Hacking Boot9strap System Transfer Question

Aprovedshark

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I currently own a Old 3DS XL with RX-E 11.4.0-29U (custom firmware menuhax). I want to use the Boot9strap method to hack my New 3DSXL on 11.5.0. Can I use this method with my Old 3DS XL?

Also to note my N3DS XL is currently on 11.4 version so I also have the option to use ntrboot , however I only own a Supercard DS Two. Can I use that card?

Please help! And thank you

Quantumcat

Dead and alive
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia

Aprovedshark

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Install b9s on the one with menuhax (uninstall menuhax by booting up with the SD card out, then put it in after the home menu shows up, then change the theme, and follow https://3ds.guide from the beginning).
Then, use DSiWare hax to install b9s on the stock one (follow https://3ds.guide/installing-boot9strap-(dsiware-game-injection) )
Would I lose my data on my old 3ds if I do this ? Also if I install b9s and replace menu has - should I update so both 3ds's are on 11.5?

Quantumcat

Dead and alive
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia
Would I lose my data on my old 3ds if I do this ? Also if I install b9s and replace menu has - should I update so both 3ds's are on 11.5?
Yes you'll need to update them (after installing B9S in the case of the old 3DS). You won't lose the data of the old 3DS (it will be transferred to the new 3DS and you will restore the data on the old console after the transfer) but you will lose the data of the new one. Also, when following the guide for the old 3DS, make sure to follow the optional move emuNAND section when given that option.

Aprovedshark

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes you'll need to update them (after installing B9S in the case of the old 3DS). You won't lose the data of the old 3DS (it will be transferred to the new 3DS and you will restore the data on the old console after the transfer) but you will lose the data of the new one. Also, when following the guide for the old 3DS, make sure to follow the optional move emuNAND section when given that option.

Thank you so much. Just clarification - when you say " restore data to old3ds" that means I won't lose that data on the old one ?

Quantumcat

Dead and alive
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia
Thank you so much. Just clarification - when you say " restore data to old3ds" that means I won't lose that data on the old one ?
That's right, and the data will be on the new console as well. If you want to be sure not to lose your saves, also back them up with JKSM and move the JKSM folder to a PC for safe-keeping (if you don't do anything wrong you won't lose them, but it's always nice to be certain).

Aprovedshark

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That's right, and the data will be on the new console as well. If you want to be sure not to lose your saves, also back them up with JKSM and move the JKSM folder to a PC for safe-keeping (if you don't do anything wrong you won't lose them, but it's always nice to be certain).

Hey Quantumcat,

I am currently on the last step on loading OCS on my Old 3DS : https://3ds.guide/homebrew-launcher-(soundhax)

I open the "<3 nedwill 2016” and it brings me to a screen where I click A to run. It then is stuck at 0.00% (see picture). What did I do wrong because it just is stuck on the 0%.

GKEszXi.jpg

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

GKEszXi.jpg

Aprovedshark

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Nevermind. My Wifi wasn't working! I will keep you psoted

Reactions: Quantumcat

Aprovedshark

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Hello I am confused.

I have successfully followed the guide for CFW on my O3DS. But now for the N3ds Tutorial - Do I follow arm9loaderhax users?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: don't mind me, just liking all of SDIO's posts, they deserve it for...