Hacking Bootloader update Acekard 2i

onibaku

Lurker
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
So I'm trying to run DS games on my 3DS.

Am currently running luma3ds CFW, latest update (on the 3ds obviously) and I came across my Acekard 2i in my dusted Lite DS. I was reading that I need to update the bootloader and found this link:

http://www.acekard.com/download/ak2/ak2ifw_update_3ds43_dsi144.zip

via https://wiki.gbatemp.net/wiki/Updating_the_AK2i_Bootloader

It seems the site is down and Im not sure if itll ever come back on, anyone know any other way to find the required update?

Tried googling for it but with no results..

Also just another question, how well do DS games run on 3DS with Acekard 2i? Just trying to find out if there's any point in actually trying to get it to work..

Thank you for your time.

nl255

Trophies
XP
Country
So I'm trying to run DS games on my 3DS.

Am currently running luma3ds CFW, latest update (on the 3ds obviously) and I came across my Acekard 2i in my dusted Lite DS. I was reading that I need to update the bootloader and found this link:

http://www.acekard.com/download/ak2/ak2ifw_update_3ds43_dsi144.zip

via https://wiki.gbatemp.net/wiki/Updating_the_AK2i_Bootloader

It seems the site is down and Im not sure if itll ever come back on, anyone know any other way to find the required update?

Tried googling for it but with no results..

Also just another question, how well do DS games run on 3DS with Acekard 2i? Just trying to find out if there's any point in actually trying to get it to work..

Thank you for your time.

You don't need to update the bootloader as Luma bypasses the DS flash cart checks. Also, even with the latest bootloader the Ak2i is limited to 3ds firmware 4.3 or lower on OFW.

Reactions: onibaku

onibaku

Lurker
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
You don't need to update the bootloader as Luma bypasses the DS flash cart checks. Also, even with the latest bootloader the Ak2i is limited to 3ds firmware 4.3 or lower on OFW.

Thank you for your reply!

Can't believe I didn't try and insert it before xD
works fine :)

nl255

Trophies
XP
Country
Thank you for your reply!

Can't believe I didn't try and insert it before xD
works fine :)

The Ak2i is also the only flash cart that can be turned into a ntrboot cart while still being usable as a DS cart. Though note that a ntrboot Ak2i will only work as a DS flash cart on an original DS or CFW 3ds but won't work at all on a DSi (unless you flash it back to stock).

onibaku

Lurker
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
The Ak2i is also the only flash cart that can be turned into a ntrboot cart while still being usable as a DS cart. Though note that a ntrboot Ak2i will only work as a DS flash cart on an original DS or CFW 3ds but won't work at all on a DSi (unless you flash it back to stock).

Ah alright, thanks for the information. I haven't turned it into an ntrboot cart, I suppose its not really necessary. (ntrboot is used for upgrading to cfw right?) I used the seedminer method for that. Sorry am kind of a noob, not even sure if what i said is relevant xD

I was actually using Sky3ds, until I discovered cfw a couple days ago..

nl255

Trophies
XP
Country
Ah alright, thanks for the information. I haven't turned it into an ntrboot cart, I suppose its not really necessary. (ntrboot is used for upgrading to cfw right?) I used the seedminer method for that. Sorry am kind of a noob, not even sure if what i said is relevant xD

I was actually using Sky3ds, until I discovered cfw a couple days ago..

Ntrboot is mainly used for installing cfw but it can also be used to unbrick a system even if the entire NAND is corrupted or even boot into a CFW emunand even if the NAND is physically missing. Unless you plan to use your Ak2i in a DSi system I would suggest converting it since you lose nothing. Just follow the guide here though I would use this version of ntr boot9strap rather than the one linked to in the guide. The reason being that normal ntrboot will run boot.firm which is what you are already using, the version I linked to will boot ntrboot.firm which means you can rename godmode9 to ntrboot.firm so that you don't have to mess with renaming stuff if you ever brick (note that if you install CFW on a new system, you will need to change SafeB9SInstaller.firm to ntrboot.firm instead of boot.firm).

onibaku

Lurker
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
Ntrboot is mainly used for installing cfw but it can also be used to unbrick a system even if the entire NAND is corrupted or even boot into a CFW emunand even if the NAND is physically missing. Unless you plan to use your Ak2i in a DSi system I would suggest converting it since you lose nothing. Just follow the guide here though I would use this version of ntr boot9strap rather than the one linked to in the guide. The reason being that normal ntrboot will run boot.firm which is what you are already using, the version I linked to will boot ntrboot.firm which means you can rename godmode9 to ntrboot.firm so that you don't have to mess with renaming stuff if you ever brick (note that if you install CFW on a new system, you will need to change SafeB9SInstaller.firm to ntrboot.firm instead of boot.firm).

Ah alright, didn't know that! Might as well do it as I don't own a DSi anyway, don't really see the point in using my DS lite anymore either... Much appreciated! :)

EDIT: looking through the guide, I'm supposed to copy boot9strap_ntr.firm and boot9strap_ntr.firm.sha files. But the link you provided for the suggested ntr boot9strap doesn't contain the .sha file. Does it matter if I use the .sha file (provided by the guide) together with the .firm file you suggested?

Last edited by onibaku,

nl255

Trophies
XP
Country
Ah alright, didn't know that! Might as well do it as I don't own a DSi anyway, don't really see the point in using my DS lite anymore either... Much appreciated! :)

EDIT: looking through the guide, I'm supposed to copy boot9strap_ntr.firm and boot9strap_ntr.firm.sha files. But the link you provided for the suggested ntr boot9strap doesn't contain the .sha file. Does it matter if I use the .sha file (provided by the guide) together with the .firm file you suggested?

No mixing sha files won't work. But I am pretty sure that the sha file is not needed for ntrboot_flasher. However if that doesn't work then you can try the .sha file I posted at the end of the thread with the .firm file I linked to.

Last edited by nl255,

onibaku

Lurker
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
No mixing sha files won't work. But I am pretty sure that the sha file is not needed for ntrboot_flasher. However if that doesn't work then you can try the .sha file I posted at the end of the thread with the .firm file I linked to.

Alright thanks again, Ill give it a try :)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @BigOnYa, burp +1