Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
QUOTE said:
popular misconception
Popular. Frequently encountered or widely accepted
Indeed. Widely accepted by prepubescent children, adults with poor or nonexistent education, talentless authors that pander to the lowest common denominator, and other people who don't know any other meaning of the word. Sadly, this does make it rather popular. Any more anal retentive behaviour, or do you have any actual counterarguments?

Now, if we're going to nitpick, I could point out that you searched the "dictionaries" for "spazz", a word commonly used in slang. Now, we've all seen that spelling isn't exactly your forte, but even you can notice the difference between "spazz" and "spastic". Secondly, you could have used a dictionary with more gravitas, maybe one that tells you the actual meaning of words? Because it is very clear from your unrelated ramblings that you had no idea what the word meant other than what the other kids used to call you. You raved and ranted in righteous fury from a pedestal of imaginary superiority, and all that based on misinterpreting the actual issue at hand. Literally not understanding what people were talking about. But you wouldn't let a minor detail like blatant misunderstanding of the subject matter stop you, oh no! If that were the case you'd never get down to writing anything. And now you're trying to find an excuse for being blissfully oblivious to the actual topic by quoting definitions of unrelated slang, used by the ignorant, derived (again) from a lack of general knowledge and a poor grasp on the English language. As I said before, I have no doubt that to you, spastic does indeed mean retarded.

Yes, words have more than just one meaning, true. That's why it's good to be aware of all of the meanings, not only the ones your vocabulary is limited to. The translators in this case were just as ignorant to the actual meaning of the word (and couldn't find a witty comment for zero points due to chronic lack of creativity, which seems to be something of an epidemic), the game got recalled, and the company lost, not to put too fine a point on it, a shitload of money. That's extreme incompetence. The only consequence of your head-through-the-wall approach to the English language is that you're mildly amusing.

QUOTE(iTech @ Jul 2 2007, 07:00 PM)
(I didn't read the rest of your post.)
I know. All that text and no illustrations must have scared you. Don't worry. The rest of the text was aimed at intelligent readers. When I actually aim a post at you, it will have short sentences and lots of pictures, okay?
happy.gif

Now off you go. I'm sure you'll find some letter in the wrong place or some other inconsequential non-operating word that will blind you to the point of the entire text, and you'll use that as an excuse not to provide any valid points. I understand, the beginning of the text is waaay up there, the end is all the way down here, and you can only grasp short sentences at a time. No wonder the actual point of the matter always seems to elude you.

Darkforce

DERP!
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
It's a new trend! It's All Your Base all over again!

802630660_8392162d54_o.jpg

hahauk.com said:
You may remember the DS game that was recalled a few weeks back because of an 'offensive' name that it tagged players who got a score of 0, well it seems that Nintendo really like the word 'spastic' and have included it in the not-so-good Wii game, Mario Party 8. As such, the game has also been recalled.

Source

smile.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Don't know why people get so emotional online just get over it ffs
    +2
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    He was the ass of gbatemp, everyone knocked on him, I honestly felt bad, even though I was guilty myself, but he egged it all on himself,
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    But he still here, but under dif name, he pm me sometimes still even.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    It's like they think we'll be in their bed pissing on it the next day
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I feel like gbatemp should make t-shirts or memorabilia to remember the lost ones. I bet the Polly shirts would sell out quick.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Nah that could actually bring lawsuits
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Tempsuits
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    PollySuits
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Your correct, Somebody would be guilty and there would be riots, then they storm the gbatemp capitol,
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Online or not there are still certain rights that judges would have no issue handing out a warrant over
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Just look at Kim dotcom
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Honestly I'm scared to, from you, but ok, lemme turn on vpn, virtual machine, private browser first
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Remember that Alexa robot I gifted you
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    And that laptop Webcam you never tapped up
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    That robot is here somewhere, I hear it moving around at night, but I haven't seen it for months.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Oh that laptop I give to ancientboi, so you been watching him for months, and he's been watching you
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Oh good more than enough material for the fbi
    +2
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Damn its 5 in morn, I gotta Go wake your mum and send her to work. Check ya later.
    +1
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    He could make so much money!!! His arm would never get tired lol
    +2
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    How are yall doing
    +2
  • VXNlcm5hbWU @ VXNlcm5hbWU:
    Just had a pure banger of a sandwich there, was very nice
    +1
    VXNlcm5hbWU @ VXNlcm5hbWU: Just had a pure banger of a sandwich there, was very nice +1