rikuumi

OP
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
So I just received my bran new Wii (console only) and it won't start up. Even any lights won't turn on. I live in Finland so I have EU plugs and my Wii power cord is UK version but I have UK to EU plug so it's not a problem and this combination should work 100% (I have asked from many sources)

Wii power cord is also brand new but it's third party.. Any ideas what might be the problem?

boktor666

Gbatemp's official Solar Boy™ Is Back!
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Go get a power chord for your region first. Make sure that everything is attached/turned on properly. If not, you would be better off in sending it back, since there is a warranty
biggrin.gif

rikuumi

OP
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
boktor666 said:
Go get a power chord for your region first. Make sure that everything is attached/turned on properly. If not, you would be better off in sending it back, since there is a warranty
biggrin.gif

Well I have read that it doesn't matter if the power cord is UK or EU version.

Posts merged

QUOTE(bazamuffin @ Jan 18 2011, 04:53 PM) Switch power on at the mains?
What do you mean?

bazamuffin

RESIDENT HATER OF POLITICAL POSTING WANKSTAINS
Trophies
XP
Country
Uruguay
Do you have a switch next to the power socket on the wall? I was being sarcastic. Try changing the fuse in the plug too, although its new it could be a duff one

Donkey Plonk

Trophies
XP
Country
rikuumi said:
They'll send me a new one tomorrow. Let's just hope it was broken and not the Wii because then I'd have a bigger problem..
Do you not know anybody else with a working wii that you can test it with? Or why not just go to a game shop? Or repair shop? I'm sure if you explain the problem you could get enough sympathy for them to plug in your console and see if standby light comes on

w!!

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
As was said above, get a voltage meter and test the output of the plug. Also, are you sure the console is brand new? I mean, why would you get the console only if it is? And if it's under warranty, I'd return it for another, no point in starting off with one that has problems.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: @BakerMan needs more expand dong