• Total voters

Screemer

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
medium: verbatim dvd-r Advanced Azo+ (16x) (not the printable)
media code: MCC 03RG20
write speed: 2,4x
used drive: Sony DW-Q30A flashed with LITE-ON DVDRW SHW-1635S YS0Z
software: imageburn 2.4.2.0.

never had any issues with those disks. used around 40 and never had to reburn a single image.

there are a couple of other brands out there which have the same media code, like philips and Taiyo Yuden.

Jotokun

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I dont think the media matters as much as does how you burn it and the drive you burn it with. I've had success with Memorex 16x DVD+Rs without changing the booktype in the past, and am currently using HP 16x DVD+Rs without changing the booktype with NO problems.Burning at maximum setting nontheless.

goatnailer

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've been using Maxell DVD-R's (with the gold label side) since about 2004. No problems yet and have experienced no data loss with several hundred dvd's burned over the years, and about 30+ wii games so far.

Joewolf2

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I use the Woolworth Worth-it's discs, £5.99 for 50 discs and they work perfect everytime
biggrin.gif

rasputin

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Don't know what's the best but here's a formula for burning goodness......

Pioneer burner, any cheap dvd+r and burn at x4 speed (don't use nero and don't run lots of crap while burning)

This setup ensures perfect reading even during a nuclear strike, read errors become a distant memory and it's as bullet proof as it gets imo.

playallday

Group: GBAtemp Ghost
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Well I don't have a Wii yet but for my PS2 I use TDK x16 -R's and they work great [burning at x2.4]. They are really cheap too
smile.gif
, I get mine in packs of 100 for $15
grog.gif

Arek1985

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
For me I switch back and forth between Sony and HP whichever staples has on sale. Now if I can get 100 Verbatim s for $20-25 I'd go with those but hardly anywhere around here sales them. Memorex from my experience have been crap. But that's just my experience. Taiyo Yuden's are probably the best overall but a little more expensive.

fassbinder

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I use Maxell. I buy them at Walgreens 3 dvd-r's for 2 dollars. I use them with a Sony (NEC) laptop drive at full speed (usually around 3x or 4x) and never a problem THAT I CAN TELL. I don't live in a place where I can readilly buy Verbatim or the Yuyo Tayuiden(sp whatever) but I would like to if anyone has tried both normal media like maxell, memorex, sony, hp with success and then tried the finer media - is there a difference in read quality, load times, etc.?

EDIT: I just ran one of the utilities from a link in an above post adn these Maxell's are actually Ritek's. Not a shock, but in a guide it says that they may have a reflectivity issue. Would this cause my Wii to have to work harder to read them?

Media Information

Media code/Mfr ID RITEKF1
Media type V2.2 DVD-R
Media Id Code Speed Unknown
Write Srategy Speed 4.0x 5540KBs
Current Drive Speed 2.0x 2770KBs
Write Rotation Control CLV
Linear Density 0.267um/bit
No of Layers 1
docoweatpie said:
Here, I'll save everyone trouble finding high quality medias.

http://www.digitalfaq.com/media/dvdmedia.htm
Thanks for this, bro. It's a pretty nice resource.

Also, has anybody had any experience with HP Media? I saw some at a local office supply store at 50 for like 8 bucks.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight: I thought it was duck season, not... king kong season....