ROM Hack Bricked 3DS help please

Bricked_3DS-Man

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have New Nintendo 3ds.I don't think it's XL but if XL is the only new 3ds then yes it's an XL. I don't think it matters anyway. My brother was trying to homebrew it and at one point he was supposed to press start while he turned the system on, but he accidentally pressed select. Then the colors were all weird. Like it was the normal 3ds homescreen but the colors were purple and flashing and stuff. Then I (stupidly) thought "Updating it would help, right?" So I updated it. I'm not sure if that's what did it or if my brother tried to fix it and something else messed it up. Then whenever I started it up, the bottom screen was black except for a message in the bottom (That also had the flashing effect) that read "An error has occurred. Hold down the POWER Button to turn off the power, then turn it on and try again. For help visit nintendo-dot-com" I've tried putting it into recovery mode. I've tried a magnet method I found on Youtube. All to no avail. I'm stuck. I have no idea what to do. Help me GBAtemp, you're my only hope.

KleinesSinchen

GBAtemp's Backup Reminder + Fearless Testing Sina
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I have New Nintendo 3ds.I don't think it's XL but if XL is the only new 3ds then yes it's an XL. I don't think it matters anyway. My brother was trying to homebrew it and at one point he was supposed to press start while he turned the system on, but he accidentally pressed select. Then the colors were all weird. Like it was the normal 3ds homescreen but the colors were purple and flashing and stuff. Then I (stupidly) thought "Updating it would help, right?" So I updated it. I'm not sure if that's what did it or if my brother tried to fix it and something else messed it up. Then whenever I started it up, the bottom screen was black except for a message in the bottom (That also had the flashing effect) that read "An error has occurred. Hold down the POWER Button to turn off the power, then turn it on and try again. For help visit nintendo-dot-com" I've tried putting it into recovery mode. I've tried a magnet method I found on Youtube. All to no avail. I'm stuck. I have no idea what to do. Help me GBAtemp, you're my only hope.
Welcome to GBAtemp.

XL or not XL is not important.

Did you use the guide? https://3ds.hacks.guide/ Or some random video on YouTube? What happens when holding (Start) or (Select) on power on?

Sounds a little strange. If there is custom firmware installed it should not use the default "An error has occurred" messages.

To you have an ntrboot compatible flashcart at hand? A magnet does nothing without flashcart.

Last edited by KleinesSinchen,

Bricked_3DS-Man

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Welcome to GBAtemp.

XL or not XL is not important.

Did you use the guide? no link Or some random video on YouTube? What happens when holding (Start) or (Select) on power on?

Sounds a little strange. If there is custom firmware installed it should not use the default "An error has occurred" messages.

To you have an ntrboot compatible flashcart at hand? A magnet does nothing without flashcart.
hello, this is this user's brother responding. we actually don't know which flashcard is compatible, though i know og r4 is not. i was installing lumacfw and pressed select instead of start and would like to know if there is a solution. if not, i would also like to know if possible which flashcart is the best, in terms of compatibility for ntrboot and cheapest.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/FdYTKAVSsXY?si=9E-2AU0JN-4hRZi3