• Replies 10
  • Likes 7

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
do you need to have the same band if using a dual-band router? I know you do for hosting from pc or using a proxy.. ftp, you don't. the phat ps4s are 2.4GHz only, and slims and pros are both 2.4 and 5GHz. my computer uses 5GHz. that's one of many reasons I now use the sandisk connect. I could change it, but it's not worth it for one system.

Prb

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
do you need to have the same band if using a dual-band router? I know you do for hosting from pc or using a proxy.. ftp, you don't. the phat ps4s are 2.4GHz only, and slims and pros are both 2.4 and 5GHz. my computer uses 5GHz. that's one of many reasons I now use the sandisk connect. I could change it, but it's not worth it for one system.

it works on both my slim and fat
router is my old sky (sr102) im pretty sure its 2.4ghz only

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
hmm....dunno. all of my systems but the switch have to use 2.4GHz, so 5GHz is fairly new with the ps4 slim possibly being the first to have the ability to use the band. I think that self-exploits and proxies would require the same band. I know a proxy would anyway as I've tested it. ftp doesn't matter though. I was using self-host via my computer or my phone with xampp and kws respectively. I didn't have my new router back then though to test.

Reactions: Prb

Prb

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
hmm....dunno. all of my systems but the switch have to use 2.4GHz, so 5GHz is fairly new with the ps4 slim possibly being the first to have the ability to use the band. I think that self-exploits and proxies would require the same band. I know a proxy would anyway as I've tested it. ftp doesn't matter though. I was using self-host via my computer or my phone with xampp and kws respectively. I didn't have my new router back then though to test.
tbh dude i dont have a router with 5ghz

Reactions: godreborn

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
that's fine. I guess someone will find out eventually. I don't know if any router has just 5GHz. I think most with 5GHz support 2.4GHz as well. I recently changed the security of 2.4GHz band to auto in order to wpa 1 and 2 at the same time while 5GHz is just using 2. that's to support the psp.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

I can't recall if I tested the proxy on a wii u or the ps4. I had both using a proxy to block all update urls. can't even access the eshop if you do that with the wii u, so you have to disable proxy in network settings.

Reactions: Prb

Prb

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
that's fine. I guess someone will find out eventually. I don't know if any router has just 5GHz. I think most with 5GHz support 2.4GHz as well. I recently changed the security of 2.4GHz band to auto in order to wpa 1 and 2 at the same time while 5GHz is just using 2. that's to support the psp.

I can't recall if I tested the proxy on a wii u or the ps4. I had both using a proxy to block all update urls. can't even access the eshop if you do that with the wii u, so you have to disable proxy in network settings.
yeah i only uploaded it so people would stop complaining about having a user guide exploit
but im sure people will still have a moan about it :rofl2::rofl2::rofl2::rofl2:

Reactions: godreborn

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't know anything about those dns server exploits or using a website to exploit the system. I started with self-hosting after having done it on the wii u. the sandisk connect works even better, but it kinda sucks when I dump themes or dlc and have to get out the sandisk connect, turn it on, then connect my pc to it. that's the main thing I don't like (connecting the pc to it), but it saves you from ever having to be online.

xampp might work with a different band, since you just type in the ip address, but I'm not sure.

you might be able to use this with the phone via a hotspot. I don't know much about phones though, but I do know how to create a hotspot with wifi enabled. my old phone didn't allow it, but my new phone does (wifi enabled at the same time).

Prb

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I don't know anything about those dns server exploits or using a website to exploit the system. I started with self-hosting after having done it on the wii u. the sandisk connect works even better, but it kinda sucks when I dump themes or dlc and have to get out the sandisk connect, turn it on, then connect my pc to it. that's the main thing I don't like (connecting the pc to it), but it saves you from ever having to be online.

xampp might work with a different band, since you just type in the ip address, but I'm not sure.
dont quote me on this but i think leefuls Exploit-Host-Server blocks the ps4 from online
i think thats the idea of self hosting @Leeful him self would no more
but if you have enable update blocker on your ps4 then you dont have to think about it

Reactions: laz305

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
yeah, I have dns blocking on my wii u. however, I also deleted the update folder. I just don't trust anything with the ps4, and I'm afraid some telemetry might get to sony, so I've decided to be offline entirely. it would be tricky with ftp, because sometimes I dump 15 themes at once, which takes about an hour.

Prb

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
yeah, I have dns blocking on my wii u. however, I also deleted the update folder. I just don't trust anything with the ps4, and I'm afraid some telemetry might get to sony, so I've decided to be offline entirely. it would be tricky with ftp, because sometimes I dump 15 themes at once, which takes about an hour.
I was the same
I used my esp8266 as a wifi hotspot just because sometimes I just couldn't be bothered to compress all the file and mess with the html flat file system for 8266
But now I'm a little more confident so I just selfhost I still build esp bins for people

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/4FTASzSPThM?si=i8JRmmFkpcXXIT7o +1