Hacking Broke my Switch's EMMC :(

NewGBAXL

Professional Helirin Pilot
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Welcome to the latest of my adventures, in which I decide it a good idea to change Nintendo Switch RAM timings without using emuMMC or at least a NAND backup.
Oops.

So I just traded my V1 Switch for a beautiful V2 Mariko 2 months ago, enjoying the overclocking, undervolting, and plethora of 60FPS patches. I wanted to revisit 2400mhz RAM again, from the 2133mhz I normally have it at. (Samsung MGCJ if anyone cares.) Well.. the tool/guide said bad timings can screw up your ram, and boy they were right, with Atmosphere Error 2002-something greeting me with a smile at system boot.

Anywho after hours of crying to myself and dealing with funny tools by sthetix and suchmemeanyskill I think I just got stock & cfw to work, with a few nuances such as
- save data and games are in the EMMC USER partition but not recognized
- album crashes when trying to load
- no Tesla menu even though it should be running
- doesn't recognize microSD data as for the Switch and asks to format it, which I politely decline
- no custom theme (I have that sick Persona 5 one installed atm)

I feel like I forgot something obvious if anyone knows what I did wrong at would help a lot
(besides being a complete idiot in the first place for not using emummc & nand backup lmao)

NewGBAXL

Professional Helirin Pilot
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
In short, I was was able to backup all of my saves, and after I had realized I had disabled the /contents/ folder everything but the installed titles and saves were present, in which a visit to the eShop and my save backups was able to fix.

I should say I've learned a valuable lesson right about now :rofl2:

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: +1