Bubsy gets yet another chance in new game called Bubsy: Paws on Fire

If you thought 90s platformer mascots were done trying to revive themselves with 2017's Bubsy: The Woolies Strike Back, then don't worry, because apparently that sold well enough to warrant another new entry. Accolade is bringing Bubsy out again for a new title called Bubsy: Paws on Fire, which will be gracing the Nintendo Switch, PlayStation 4, and PC next year. From what we see in the newly uploaded trailer, the BIT.TRIP.RUNNER team are developing this game, which appears to be a 2.5D auto-running platformer that has you playing as four different characters from deep Bubsy lore and history, which all have different gameplay elements.

About

Bubsy: Paws on Fire! marks Choice Provisions’ first foray into the highly competitive world of bobcat-based video games. It’s also set to be Bubsy’s biggest adventure yet, with features such as:

Key Features

• Four playable characters, each with their own unique mechanics! Fly and shoot your way through the air as The Woolie, take it underground with Arnold’s bonus levels, or run your way to victory with Bubsy and Virgil Reality!
  • An all-new story featuring the unlikely alliance between Bubsy and his archrivals, The Woolies!
  • Over 100 levels set across three different worlds!
  • Three boss battles!
  • A unique combo system and set of leaderboards for every character!
  • A shop with costumes and cosmetics, all of which players can unlock just by playing the game. There are no in-game purchases!
  • Unique character dialog for every level!
  • A variety of collectible types, ensuring maximum replayability!
  • The return of Oinker, Terri, Terry, and many other characters from previous Bubsy incarnations! We’ve even included Virgil Reality from the Bubsy pilot–we dug deep!
Bubsy Reacts…

When I told my agent I wanted my next game to be my best yet, he reminded me I was no longer his client and had his number changed. Luckily the suc-… er, developers at Choice Provisions still agreed to partner up with me. It’s amazing what a couple of sharpened claws can get you in this world!

Choice Provisions Reacts…

After some productive meetings and even more productive threats we agreed to work with Bubsy on creating an auto-runner worthy of his stature. And when that was done we scrapped it and made a good game instead.

eworm

Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
let-it-die.jpg

Reactions: Mr.Faq2015

Taleweaver

Storywriter
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
From what we see in the newly uploaded trailer, the BIT.TRIP.RUNNER team are developing this game...​
That's weird. Those bit.trip games were actually pretty decent and bit.trip runner 2 is (despite its ridiculously long full name) my favorite endless runner*. I wonder what made them resort to picking up this...erm...rather infamous franchise? :unsure:

*not that THAT is saying much: I've played maybe 4 or 5 in total :P

duwen

Old Man Toad
Trophies
Website
www.exophase.com
XP
Country
United Kingdom
This is not the game we wanted...

...but this is the game we deserve.

Thanks, 2018.

Pretty sure no one ever wanted any Bubsy game ever, this one included...

smh... how can a franchise that's always been bad keep getting bad resurrections, when good franchises that fans have been extremely vocal about wanting to see return still get ignored?

#BoycottBobcat

AxlSt00pid

Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
Jesus just let Bubsy die (again) already, nobody asked for this
And yet there's some franchises that need a comeback but no, moar bubsee

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Chrismas must’ve came early! So glad to see a new entry in the best game series of all time! EDIT: Oh yeah, and it’s another game to add to the Bubsy list, I will actually try to beat all of them. I seem to have a mental condition causing this need. I’ve already beat the first one it’s too late HELP

Last edited by supergamer368,

VitaType

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
The last thing I was expecting was a sequel to 2017's cat-tastrophic Bubsy game, yet here we are, fur-real. Maybe, just maybe, this game will be paw-some! Just kitten, it'll be meow-cre at best. I'm almost paw-sitively sure it'll be a disaster.
You're a terrible human being.

Last edited by VitaType,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Purple_Heart @ Purple_Heart: ye