NoSoulX

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
unsure.gif
I have started thinking that my game rig is starting to be slow on the newest games so I'm thinking of updating my computer. I think I'll stick with my old CPU that is LGA775 based processor, easy to change later to a better one. But anyways, I'm looking for a game pack that would be around 500 €. What would I need to play the newest games with DX10 and good frames/sec?

Motherboard would be LGA775-compatible. But from that what's the best combination package?

gh0ul

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Fof DX 10 graphics card, you should definitely go for the nvidia 8800 series, for low-high end go for the GT model, mid-high GTS, and for high-high-gtx.i currently have the gts and plays crysis just fine on high settings

ZeWarrior

TheWarrior
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Brazil
Fof DX 10 graphics card, you should definitely go for the nvidia 8800 series, for low-high end go for the GT model, mid-high GTS, and for high-high-gtx.i currently have the gts and plays crysis just fine on high settings

LOL Unless you mean the new 512MB GTS, you don't know what your talking about. The 512MB GT is miles better than both the 320MB GTS and 640MB GTS. Lol High-High = GTX? More like Med-High. With the GTS being Med-Med. And the 8800Ultra being High-High. If you want a cheap Graphics Card TC, get an HD 3850 as that is a lot cheaper and only a bit slower than the 8800GT. It overclocks well and supports DX10.1

slayerspud

Trophies
XP
Country

LOL Unless you mean the new 512MB GTS, you don't know what your talking about. The 512MB GT is miles better than both the 320MB GTS and 640MB GTS. Lol High-High = GTX? More like Med-High. With the GTS being Med-Med. And the 8800Ultra being High-High. If you want a cheap Graphics Card TC, get an HD 3850 as that is a lot cheaper and only a bit slower than the 8800GT. It overclocks well and supports DX10.1

QFT. Though getting a GTX is pointless as it costs so much more than the GT / New GTS, yet only gives around 4fps more on average. Imo, you should get a 8800GT, best bang for the buck out atm.

BoneMonkey

The cheese stash is a lie.
Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
PC parts are sooooooooooo cheap now a days its crazy !

i saw 2 gigs of ram for 30 bucks and a 750 gb hardrive for 150 bucks on newegg !

amptor

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Asus P5B
Intel Core2Duo E6750
Evga Nvidia 8800GTS
2gb corsair PC6400 matched pair DDR2 RAM
Seagate E series Perpendicular Strategy 250GB hard disk drive

ZeWarrior

TheWarrior
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Brazil

QFT. Though getting a GTX is pointless as it costs so much more than the GT / New GTS, yet only gives around 4fps more on average. Imo, you should get a 8800GT, best bang for the buck out atm.

The 8800GT is 2nd best, with the 3850/3870 being the best, best bang for your buck right now imo. In Sli 8800GT's are beast though.

lenselijer

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I just got:

mb: Abit IN9 (680i chipset)
cpu: Core2Duo E6750
mem: DDR2 800
cpu cooler: Scythe Infinity
gpu's: 2x 8800GT (SLI)
power: Zalman 600W
casing: Gigabyte Poseidon

Need to buy a harddrive and dvd drive tomorrow to get this running
smile.gif

ZeWarrior

TheWarrior
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Brazil
I just got:

mb: Abit IN9 (680i chipset)
cpu: Core2Duo E6750
mem: DDR2 800
cpu cooler: Scythe Infinity
gpu's: 2x 8800GT (SLI)
power: Zalman 600W
casing: Gigabyte Poseidon

Need to buy a harddrive and dvd drive tomorrow to get this running
smile.gif

That's a pretty good computer... I think you should of bought the P35 DS3L Mobo though it's better as it supports Wolfdale and Yorkfield. These are the new Intel CPUs which will be based around the 45 nanometer process.

BoneMonkey

Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States

ZeWarrior

TheWarrior
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Brazil
Asus P5B
Intel Core2Duo E6750
Evga Nvidia 8800GTS

best system in this thread thats what i would get all that amptor stated and put it in this antec case with power supply

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx...N82E16811129024

I wouldn't do that if I were you... PSUs that come with cases are usually low quality... It's not worth the risk. A good Case + PSU combo though I would say is the Antec 900 Case and the Antec Earthwatts 430Watt PSU. It can handle any card out basically. Remember Watts aren't everything.

BoneMonkey

Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Asus P5B
Intel Core2Duo E6750
Evga Nvidia 8800GTS

best system in this thread thats what i would get all that amptor stated and put it in this antec case with power supply

I wouldn't do that if I were you... PSUs that come with cases are usually low quality... It's not worth the risk. A good Case + PSU combo though I would say is the Antec 900 Case and the Antec Earthwatts 430Watt PSU. It can handle any card out basically. Remember Watts aren't everything.

normally psu that come with cases suck but
the psu in that case is perfect antec makes PERFECTLY fine PSU

ZeWarrior

TheWarrior
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Brazil
Asus P5B
Intel Core2Duo E6750
Evga Nvidia 8800GTS

the psu in that case is perfect antec makes PERFECTLY fine PSU

I agree, Antec does make good PSUs, But the ones that come with the cases are usually pretty weak is what I'm saying...

ZeWarrior

TheWarrior
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Brazil
well your wrong that psu will handle anything you throw at it unless you do SLI

Is this from Personal Experience or are you just saying this based on the Newegg Reviews? I understand what your saying.. but all I said was the PSUs included with cases are usually low quality.. I never said they all sucked or that it can't handle anything. And when you spend so much $ on your PC you don't want a low quality PSU lol... Trust me on this >.>

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    human, robot, cyborg
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    human with cyborg enhancements
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    or like terminatior
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    with living tissue
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    @Xdqwerty there is health behaviour you can add to your character, then to use a health bar is lil more complicated, google n watch a few tutorial video on it, be too hard to explain here.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa, the character has the health behavior
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I know you have to create a health and health max variable. Then there is a calculation you use in code to subtract width size of the health bar. Google few vids.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa, the "greenflatbar" is one of the preset health bars btw
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yea you can use any bar/sprite. It will just change the width. Ok good luck and have fun. I'm off to go shoot some pool at the bar. Talk to you later.
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa, why does the health behavior exist if you can just use a variable?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    and nope the number still doesnt change
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    ok im gonna make my own asset
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    nvm i think i fixed it
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa, I fixed it
    +1
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    how are you\
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @salazarcosplay, we just talked like 2 hours ago
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I had the Goodyear blimp fly real low right over my house this morning, was weird out of nowhere looking up and seeing it that close up. Memorial golf tourney going on by me in Dublin Ohio and its there.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa, i tried the gdevelop mobile app and theres a event limit and you have to pay to add more events
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I never used the mobile or online versions, just the pc version.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa, i only use the online version
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I was at the bar for 1 hour and lost $40 playing pool, and said well that's enough for my unlucky day, better quit. Some sharks up there today.
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: I was at the bar for 1 hour and lost $40 playing pool, and said well that's enough for my...