Homebrew Burn2Slot - Re-programm GBA bootlegs on DS

Titney

Trophies
XP
Country
Hi, thank you for this software. I was wondering if it might be possible to add support for Flash2Advance carts. FlashGBX says 128M cart is using Intel chip 2×28F640J3A120 and 256M cart is using 2×28F128J3A150. Thank you!

Reactions: VROdin

DarkDante

Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
Hi.

Yesterday i sucessfuly flashed a Pokemon Ruby copy from Aliexpress i don't know if that information contributes on the development but.. it has a Spansion S29GL128N10TFI01 and a ISSI IS62LV1024LL-70Q chip on it i don't know wich of those is the flash memory (guess it's the Spansion one). I "replaced" the pokemon rom with a metroid fusion one though i had to patch it to save without battery. Im just saying this because when reading the thread i saw some people were having problems with saving and trying to patch your roms so.. there's a small repository of Batteryless IPS Files here: https://github.com/acocalypso/batteryless-patches
Hope this helps someone.

Here's some pics i took from imgur of the reflashed board

Thanks VROdin in advance for developing that homebrew that helped me a lot! hope the information i posted here be useful to someone and sorry if i did some typos cause english is not my native language :)

Exactly what i was looking for. thanks!

Jayro

MediCat USB Dev
Developer
Trophies
Website
ko-fi.com
XP
Country
United States
@jjsl
Hello! Please can you give a source code of new version of your fix of GBABF application?
Or can you put source code of your fix of GBABF application on your github page?
It will be really appreciated, thank you!
I 2nd this, it's a fantastic program.

Zizouomar

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hi, thank you for this software. I was wondering if it might be possible to add support for Flash2Advance carts. FlashGBX says 128M cart is using Intel chip 2×28F640J3A120 and 256M cart is using 2×28F128J3A150. Thank you!
any luck with carts running 28F128J3A150 chips ?

Reactions: raxadian

N7Kopper

Lest we forget... what Nazi stood for.
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I'm no expert in spotting bootleg carts, but I know that this one gives a 0000 error on the latest build. No idea if it's familiar.View attachment 269994 View attachment 269995
This was almost three years ago? Damn. I checked around and I really do have a rare chipset here. (An awful pity that I don't have a broadband adapter for the Gamecube to start debugging this)
It has bankswitching, but not in any known way - and dumping the rom dumps a Digimon game. I'll look further into this later.

raxadian

Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
Has not worked on any of my bootlegs; but at least I learned a way to backup my real GBA games saves and that's neat.

Jayro

MediCat USB Dev
Developer
Trophies
Website
ko-fi.com
XP
Country
United States
Has not worked on any of my bootlegs; but at least I learned a way to backup my real GBA games saves and that's neat.
I think GBABF gets more updates than this app does. Kinda wish @fexean and @VROdin would collaborate for the best cartridge support.

raxadian

Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
Nowadays most GBA bootllegs I have are like 15 or more years old, at that age even legal GBA games start to fail (aka the batteries) and all my legit GBC games batteries are dead so I suggest backup backup backup.

Jayro

MediCat USB Dev
Developer
Trophies
Website
ko-fi.com
XP
Country
United States
Nowadays most GBA bootllegs I have are like 15 or more years old, at that age even legal GBA games start to fail (aka the batteries) and all my legit GBC games batteries are dead so I suggest backup backup backup.
I backup my save files using my BurnMaster from Funnyplaying, then swap all my MBC5 games over to FRAM chips. No battery needed ever again.

For Tetris DX (and other MBC1 games), you can simply swap the ROM chip to a donor MBC5 board, and then do the MBC5 SRAM mod as seen below. Way less complicated and less components to add. (Just swapping chips around and adding a 10K resistor.)

After the chips are swapped and the FRAM mod is done, I flash my save file back to the FRAM chip and test on a Gameboy to make sure it saves okay.

420625097_1517553979101463_1469297974168635909_n.jpg

ryba

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Czech Republic
Any chance to progress on Burning GB/GBC on Slot2?
Any chance to support some Old carts (I have bunch of them, listed on FlashcartDB as Older and likely unsupported or unlisted and they are def. unsupported)?

Jayro

MediCat USB Dev
Developer
Trophies
Website
ko-fi.com
XP
Country
United States
Any chance to support some Old carts (I have bunch of them, listed on FlashcartDB as Older and likely unsupported or unlisted and they are def. unsupported)?
No, they won't even fit the slot for 1 thing, and for 2, the carts operate at 5 volts, not the 3 volts GBA uses.

ryba

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Czech Republic
No, they won't even fit the slot for 1 thing, and for 2, the carts operate at 5 volts, not the 3 volts GBA uses.
Well, they'll fit without case I suppose? But OK.
So Is there anything in process for burning GB/GBCs without buying flash device?
And.. I'm having old GB Transferer2 (and win98 laptop), so anyone had tried to flash new repro carts wit this one?

raxadian

Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina

Unlikely and flashcards that are very old will have dead batteries..Heck almost all GBC games already have dead batteries. Just backup the games and saves that you can.

To backup Gameboy and GBC games you need different hardware, one option is to hack those portables that are not from Nintendo and run Gameboy and GBC games, and as I said the batteries are dead Jim. Pokemon Crystal was quite the late Gameboy Color release and even that game already has a dead battery. So yeah all those Gameboy and GBC saves are gone Jim.

Now if you got new stock GBC games like one of the GBC re-releases of Shantae then the battery is not dead yet but otherwise is not worth to try unless you already got one of those "Not actually a Gameboy" portable gaming systems that read real Gameboy and GBC games.

ryba

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Czech Republic
Well, the question is not about saves and dead batteries, It's quite easy and cheap to replace dead batteries.
The question is about reflashing bootleg carts with different rom.
But OK. It's the same problem with GB/GBC Savs, probably)
GBA new repro carts are quite easy with Burn2Slot or GBABF and NDS
For GB/GBC you need some cart flasher (e.g. joey joebags)...

ryba

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Czech Republic
Anybody has any experience with this cart?
4455_4400_4000_4350_36LOR_V4
I have 2 of them. Just soldering battery doesn't allow SRAM saving.
Do I have to solder diode, condenser and resistor (I don't have any SMD and def. don't have 5817 diode) or?
I don't see any Y N jumpers
BTW: What is DAN jumper for?
thanks

Attachments

• 20240313_100025.jpg
    20240313_100025.jpg
    4.3 MB · Views: 14

Wargor

Trophies
XP
Country
Russia
can i in theory reflash mother3 cart from aliexpress (m5m29-39vf512) with mother 3, translated to my native language?
(Or 36lor8-39vf512)
Or maybe someone know a 32mb cart, that i can buy from ali, i can put mother 3 to?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: [goes back to 🛌 ] zzzzzzzzzzzzzz +1