Gaming Buttons acting weird

fallinroxas

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok. My home button has recently stopped working. Every other button works. The home button doesn't work in xmb or in game. But when I press the display button or the note button in game it acts as if I'm pressing home. But it doesn't do this in the xmb.

fallinroxas

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Apparently my home button is unresponsive and the note and display button are being registered as home+display and home+note respectively.

Skyline969

MENUdo Afficionado
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
fallinroxas said:
No. It's like the home button doesn't exist....0.o
It seems to me that the little bar inside your PSP that has all of those buttons broke.... While you could order a replacement part, you'll need some skill to replace it. Youtubing it and looking at videos will make it seem easy, and it probably will be. I'm doing a faceplate mod in a couple weeks, and I'll be doing some replacing of buttons myself.

754boy

:D
Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Skyline969 said:
fallinroxas said:
It seems to me that the little bar inside your PSP that has all of those buttons broke.... While you could order a replacement part, you'll need some skill to replace it. Youtubing it and looking at videos will make it seem easy, and it probably will be. I'm doing a faceplate mod in a couple weeks, and I'll be doing some replacing of buttons myself.

It's really easy. He might also want to try to dust it out. When ever my buttons start acting wierd, its usually because dust has gotten in and started to wreak havoc. I open it up and give it a few blasts of compressed air and all is well again.

Skyline969

MENUdo Afficionado
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
[url=http://www.dealextreme.com/details.dx/sku.20148]http://www.dealextreme.com/details.dx/sku.20148[/url]

That long button bar on the bottom of the image. I think that's broken.

Posts merged

754boy said:
Skyline969 said:
fallinroxas said:

It's really easy. He might also want to try to dust it out. When ever my buttons start acting wierd, its usually because dust has gotten in and started to wreak havoc. I open it up and give it a few blasts of compressed air and all is well again.
Not to hijack the thread, but do you know much about the internal components of the PSP? Think you'd know how I can toggle my Wifi switch permanently on since the switch on the outside flaps loosely?

fallinroxas

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks Skyline969. I just ordered some of those. And I've opened my psp countless times before. And I took out my umd drive lol.

Skyline969

MENUdo Afficionado
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
fallinroxas said:
Thanks Skyline969. I just ordered some of those. And I've opened my psp countless times before. And I took out my umd drive lol.
Well, keep in mind that that was just a guess. I guess it's no real money lost if that's not the problem anyways.
tongue.gif

Skyline969

MENUdo Afficionado
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Personally, I'm just a budding modder - I have a faceplate and replacement analog stick for the 1000 I bought coming in the mail. I might get into more serious mods in the future, but that's good enough for me right now.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/wZgjSNb-o4c?si=ajt4Lgq_LTYcXxs2 +1