Saken

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I want to buy a PSP to put cfw on.
Now, i don't know much about the requirements of the motherboard and the like, all i know is that i need one with fw < 5.03 i think.
I'm not gonna go for a PSP 3000, as i want a PSP that is fully hackable.
So i'm wondering which model to go for..
I would prefer getting a 2000, but i wouldnt mind getting a 1000 to be 100% certain that ill be able to put cfw on.
I can't buy off the net, so that pretty much leaves EB Games to buy a preowned one..
I heard about some US PSP 2000's being hackable by looking at the serial number, but im in Australia and am also wondering if any tricks like that work with the PSP here..
I don't want to end up with a PSP that is non-hackable, and want to be pretty much certain that i will be able to put cfw on it.
Could you guys give me a hand?

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
We get a bagillion "I want to buy a PSP help me" threads, just pointing that out.

I'm pretty sure all PSPs are hackable but some aren't permanently hackable. Meaning if you have a model that's not permanently hackable, once you turn the power off, the CFW will be gone and you'll have to install it again. All 1000 models are permanently hackable though and some 2000 ones are, unfortunately I'm not sure you can tell which 2000 ones are and aren't without cracking it open and checking the motherboard. 3000 ones aren't permanently hackable.

Also keep in mind you need a lower firmware than the current one to hack it, aka 5.03 (I think that's the only one). Otherwise you need to buy/make a Pandora battery to downgrade (although Pandora batteries are great to have around in case of a brick).

Really it's best to buy off the internet, some sellers will specifically say if it's a hackable model or if it's already hacked. Plus sellers may list what firmware it's on regardless.

I own a 1000 model, got it for about $130 off Amazon with USB/charger cable + 2GB memory stick. Bought a Pandora too since I bricked mine on my first try on installing CFW. But it works fine now.

Saken

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Thanks for replying
One more question,
Do most PSP 2000's have a hard-modible battery?

I'm looking on Amazon now, thanks again.

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Saken said:
Thanks for replying
One more question,
Do most PSP 2000's have a hard-modible battery?

I'm looking on Amazon now, thanks again.

They do, you can look here for a guide to making Pandoras if you want, although it's probably easier/safer to buy your own for like $15-$20. But link.

EDIT: And to people bitching about "OH WE HAVE A BAGILLION OF THESE THREADS", yeah we do, and yeah, maybe the OP could've searched or something and saved us the time, but you might as well help out and then bitch about it. Simply solving the problem stops the thread from becoming even more useless.

Saken

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Thanks Guild,
I'll probably get a 1000 to avoid the hassles of the battery
I'll just look for a good condition one.
And sorry if these questions have already been asked and answered before, i wasn't sure where to look, didn't mean to cause a fuss..

And thanks for being nice about it Guild.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @AncientBoi, Dont forget your meds. +1