Hacking buying my first card, need help

juanramoz

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
okay, so i finally got a ds, i have like 50 roms downloaded, but the only thing missing is a flash card! i cant decide on one.. i think i want to go with the acekard seeing as how im broke.. but if it means that im gonna get a fake, or a genuine thats gonna break in a week, then i rather pay a bit more..

so help me choose one, and if i should go with the acekard, link to a reliable site?

juanramoz

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
yeah i think thats where im gonna order it from.. thanx! also, if i find it for cheaper on dealextreme, is that site reliable with flash cards?

tnaught10

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well the acekard2i would be your best bet if you're leaning towards the AK products seeing as it is compatible with both the DSlite and DSi. But if money is the issue i think this site might be worth a check by you. its 4coolday.com or something along those lines. It's based in hongkong and takes about 7-10 to arrive after it has been shipped but it seems to be pretty reliable from what I've read about it. I ordered an EZVi from there for 20 US dollars and it arrived exactly 10 days after i received and email that it had been shipped, (i received the email about 1-2 after i completed my order). But the only downside is that it uses paypal as it's transaction. I'm only a teenager so i was able to use my parents paypal with their credit card so if your "broke" as you say a credit card might not be in your inventory. Otherwise i'd check out royalds.com. They have sales all the time but their products might not be in-stock.

tnaught10

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Also, if you need a microSD card i suggest going to amazon because you can purchase an 8gb sandisk one for only $10-13. I've done it twice now, and it beats buying one from the retailers who sell them for $20+ as a bundle w/ a flashcart.

juanramoz

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ok.. so i think im gonna order the bundle-less option and then buy a 8gb sdhc card from amazon, cuz its cheaper and i have twice the space..

heres the acekard i want
[url=http://www.realhotstuff.com/acekard-2-p-285.html]http://www.realhotstuff.com/acekard-2-p-285.html[/url]

the sd card i want
[url=http://www.amazon.com/SanDisk-microSDHC-CL...4303&sr=1-5]http://www.amazon.com/SanDisk-microSDHC-CL...4303&sr=1-5[/url]

@tnaught10: uhh.. i dont know anything about the acekard2i, so i think ill go with the regular one.. i really dont want to wait 10 days for it to ship, as i wont have anything to play for 10 days..

Posts merged

oh.. i forgot to ask, sdhc cards (8gb) work with acekard2 right? also, any compatability issues with the ds lite?

and yes im a total noob to ds flashing : )

(but im a complete expert in jailbreaking my ipod/iphone
smile.gif

tnaught10

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
buying from 4coolday.com would take 10 days.

if your going to buy from realhotstuff.com i'd suggest going with the acekard2i, it's the same as the old cards just that it is compatible with the DSi as well. So in the future if you decide to upgrade your DS experience and get a DSi you won't have to go out and buy another flashcart.

But it's up to you ha

juanramoz

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
okay.. thanx, i think im gonna go with the cheaper option.. which i believe is acekard2)

also, the only way i would ever acquire a DSi is if somebody gave it to me, or i found it on the ground.. i dont like the camera idea at all, and would never pay money for it.. unless i bought it off some stupid kid for like 5 dollars..

and lol, i just so happened to buy my ds lite from a stupid kid for 10 bucks..

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight: I thought it was duck season, not... king kong season....