Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 screenshots?

Feels Good Man

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
0firstscreenshot.png
xlarge_mw3_multiplayer_splash.jpg.jpg

xlarge__aa12.jpg.jpg

Kotaku details:
QUOTE said:
Packed with 15 levels set in locations around the world, from Manhattan to the catacombs of Paris, Modern Warfare 3's near-future campaign looks to be an experience that will top anything seen before in a Call of Duty game.

Multiplayer, too, seems to be shaping up to be an experience packed with new maps, experiences and ways to game.

Sources tell Kotaku that Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 will have as many as 20 multiplayer maps, though it's unclear if some will be cut before release or perhaps sold later as expansion packs. The game will also include a powerful mix of mission-based and survival Special Ops modes. While the mission-based levels will be designed like the ones made popular in Modern Warfare 2, we're told, the survival maps will have players fighting until they're overcome by increasingly difficult waves of enemies.

While we haven't seen the game in action ourselves, we believe that the imagery is accurate. That doesn't mean things can't change before release.

We've contacted Activision for comment and will update the story when and if they provide reaction.
Multiplayer Maps

Alpha
Alps
Bootleg
Bravo
Brooklyn
Carbon
Coast
Dome
Exchange
Hardhat
Interchange
Lambeth
Meteora
Mogadishu
Paris
Plaza 2
Radar
Seatown
Underground
Village

Spec Ops Modes

Survival

Carbon
Dome
Radar
Seatown
Village

Mission

Civilian Rescue
Flood the Market
Invisible Threat
Little Bro's
Out of Africa
No Fly Zone
Wing Man

http://ca.kotaku.com/5801353/modern-warfar...adishu/gallery/

It looks... the same!

Satangel

BEAST
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Definitely looks plausible. We knew before they would build it on the same engine as MW2, which isn't a problem at all for me. Game looks good, it's the gameplay that makes or breaks the game.

rad140

GBAtemp's "over quoter"
Trophies
Website
rad140.livejournal.com
XP
Country
Canada
Kotaku is usually pretty good with these things, right?

If these are really screenshots, they don't look that much better than Black Ops.
Battlefield 3 has much more impressive graphics for sure.

FireGrey

Undercover Admin
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
rad140 said:

If these are really screenshots, they don't look that much better than Black Ops.
still only getting developed tho

Feels Good Man

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
FireGrey said:
rad140 said:

still only getting developed tho

Battlefield 3 is still also being developed. I mean, if Activision took time with a CoD game and implemented a new engine, I'd be more hyped but nope.

iluvfupaburgers

FUPA Luva
Trophies
XP
Country
Ecuador
obviously the first screen is black ops. you can tell by the sniper, which is the psg1, and by how the character looks. but not sure of the background. maybe a new map pack comming out. and the last two screens kinda look like screen from battlefield

Z

Zorua

Any info on the dev?
The screens look good, will be getting it.

rad140 said:

They said that it'll use the same engine as MW2.

Z

Zorua

FireGrey said:
Zorua said:
FireGrey said:
hope the single player has a campaign like black ops

Hell no.
The MW2 campaign was MUCH better.
i haven't got mw2 so...
anyway i did enjoy the frirst mission on mw2.
But it doesn't really have that much of a storyline right?

It does, and a quite engaging one at that.
You should probably play MW1 and MW2 before playing MW3 because you'll be at a loss and you won't understand it's story if you don't.
MW1 isn't really necessary but MW2 is, if you really want to understand the story.

Nebz

The N00b
Trophies
Website
www.facebook.com
XP
Country
United States
Zorua said:
FireGrey said:
hope the single player has a campaign like black ops

Hell no.
The MW2 campaign was MUCH better.

It's all opinion though....

In my own, they all suck major balls but Black Ops just happened to suck a little less than MW2.

QUOTE(iluvfupaburgers @ May 13 2011, 11:36 AM)
obviously the first screen is black ops. you can tell by the sniper, which is the psg1, and by how the character looks. but not sure of the background. maybe a new map pack comming out. and the last two screens kinda look like screen from battlefield
That's exactly what went through my head but then again... the engine hasn't really changed and it's still a possibility that the gun has made its way to Modern Warfare and that these are just pre images. I do think it's a Black Ops image though because I don't really know why they'd return that gun. That sleeve doesn't really give anything away unless you can show me the exact same in Blops (which I don't really feel like searching for). Those guns don't look like BF guns to me at all but then again... They aren't far off from each other with those things. Guns are guns are guns.

I'll wait for an official trailer to judge. Besides those three map screens, there was nothing that really impressed me.

500x_medium_explore_kotaku_videos_1443.jpg

Anyone else smell a media shit fest... Again?

Z

Zorua

Nebz said:
injected11 said:
Nebz said:
500x_medium_explore_kotaku_videos_1443.jpg

Anyone else smell a media shit fest... Again?
Yep. They are asking for it. They want all the attention and free publicity it'll bring. Just like the whole "kill Castro" bit.
Let's not forget about Modern Warfare 2's 'No Russian' act.

Yeah, that was quite controversial and...........gruesome.
For people who didn't play the game, the mission was optional and it didn't carry any trophies/achievements.
I bet that it was preplanned though.
moogle.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/_NsOxG2zwWA?si=oK21qVNxgd98AyJT