Hacking Calling 4.2U users with drivekey modchip and SSBB!

Slowking

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Well best thing for us europeans would be a smashstack for the PAL-version.
wink.gif

damysteryman

I am too busy IRL these days...
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Ah, so people have caught on to what I'm trying to do...
...to fix the 003 error.

But my testers are unable to autoboot US SSBB, they just get black screen.

You guys say that the US version cannot be autobooted?

Well then, we need to get a PAL or JAP smash stack. Are you reading this comex? If so, could you please port smash stack to other region version to SSBB?

But even then...
If someone changed from K -> U, and gets error 003, they would need the US SSBB, regardless.

So... I wonder what is stopping the US SSBB from being autobooted?
And how to fix it?

If this can be done, we can heal the 003 error using my cIOS70, and yell "F**K YOU" at Nintendo!

Sachka

Trophies
XP
Country
France
If you still need more tester i'm in. Drivekey, 4.2U got a bunch of copies and some SL/DL blanks for testings, also GC controllers to open. I follow your work since cioscorp. I am now trying to recover the multiregion compatibility my drivekey provides that was overridden with latest update.

Slowking

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
da_letter_a said:
Well then, we need to get a PAL or JAP smash stack. Are you reading this comex? If so, could you please port smash stack to other region version to SSBB?
He actually tried to port it a while ago. Either he didn't have enough time or it can't be done.

illinialex24

Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
You can't modify the disc according to these people but since drivekey can turn the diagnostic disc check off according to xzero, I have autobooted it fine with just the following codes activated:

Recovery menu DPad UP
Disable HAXX Check...
Remove diagnostic disc check

No preloader, just startpatch.

I then ran Smashstach to Loadmii (since it only loads .elf files and this way you can release a compiled SD card for it). I then ran TBR and successfully donwgraded IOS15, had to reload from scratch, patched IOS36, and then restored IOS15. I then ran the WAD Manager and was fine.

Enjoy. So yeah, retail disc + NTSC-U + no diagnostic disk check works in my experience.

One issue, the rebooter of TBR causes the Wii to restart, it doesnt do anything dangerous but it does take a while.... Just forces you to reset the Wii and then run each step on a new load of Brawl for each TBR.

Abkarino

Trophies
XP
Country
Egypt
illinialex24 said:
You can't modify the disc according to these people but since drivekey can turn the diagnostic disc check off according to xzero, I have autobooted it fine with just the following codes activated:

Recovery menu DPad UP
Disable HAXX Check...
Remove diagnostic disc check

No preloader, just startpatch.

I then ran Smashstach to Loadmii (since it only loads .elf files and this way you can release a compiled SD card for it). I then ran TBR and successfully donwgraded IOS15, had to reload from scratch, patched IOS36, and then restored IOS15. I then ran the WAD Manager and was fine.

Enjoy. So yeah, retail disc + NTSC-U + no diagnostic disk check works in my experience.

One issue, the rebooter of TBR causes the Wii to restart, it doesnt do anything dangerous but it does take a while.... Just forces you to reset the Wii and then run each step on a new load of Brawl for each TBR.

So is this configuration work fine? i can test it soon but i didn't had a starpatch installed or preloader,
i had a copy of SSBB NTSC-US , Drivekey , GC Controller also a 3 bricked Korean wii that had a region changed to US then updated to 4.2 so please any one here can tell us a working steps to fix this F****N 003 Error

illinialex24

Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
Ok so first off, download this pack for the SD card:

http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?jyydnjtzzjy

Download that and first try to run cboot2, get a torrent for it or something, find the boot2v2 wad somewhere. Get the rest of the wads from the NUS Downloader. Oh and you need to unpack this wad.

This has an english smashstack on it, take off the case of the GC controller first and make sure you remove the piece of plastic hat restricts pressing all 4 directions on the Dpad. Plug it in port 5 and put Brawl in, turn off the power, turn it on with all 4 directions pressed down and you should shortly see a menu with the system menu version in the bottom. Press A and it should load Brawl.

Now for you I would unofficially recommend downgrading so you will need functioning system menu wads and the system menu IOS but since I heard its illegal to downgrade I'm not recommending it....

Go to the stage editor and it will load Loadmii.

Anyway, try first running bootmii, see if you can get it as a boot2. If not, run the TBR thing, downgrade IOS15, patch IOS36, restore IOS15, then load the wad manager on IOS36, and install the wads you want.

If it does work, we could now load into Homebrew so get the cboot2 installer for huge antibrick protection or TBR and for TBR follow the same steps, for cboot2 run the installer and restart the Wii, it will run the WAD Manager and install the wads you want...

Everything's in the readme, I did not include any wads in it. All can be acquired from the NUS Downloader except boot2v2 but I give you a full name so you can "extract it" from your Wii
wink.gif
The readme has good detail.

Abkarino

Trophies
XP
Country
Egypt
Thank you illinialex24 So much i'll try it soon and tell you the result i hope that we can fix a full bricked korean wii that had its region changed and also updated to 4.2

Abkarino

Trophies
XP
Country
Egypt
sorry illinialex24 another question for you
my bricked wii was Korean wii region changed to us then updated to 4.2 it doesn't had modechip installed or startpatch or preloader but i had access to drivekey modchip so i can install it easily but i didn't had a retail dvd of SSBB but i had a copy one DVD9 edition so is this tutorial can work in my case cause i think that i must apply startpatch first to disable diagnostic disk check but since i couldn't able to login to system menu or any thing else how can i do it i still able to login to rescue menu
frown.gif

illinialex24

Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
Nah from what I understand Drivekey will let you run the backup version and stop the diagnostic disk check so I wouldn't buy a drivekey for this, let others test it out first but it should work.

However, I honestly am not sure.

The pack I made should work fine, I have tested it and I downgraded and restored IOS15 with it fine using TBR, successfully installed cboot2 using it, and other things, all from the recovery menu with only startpatch diagnostic disc check off and the no HAXX check (inapplicable but to keep Homebrew 1.03 lol) and the Dpad up for the recovery menu so I wouldn't have to open up my GC controller.

So yeah, follow the instructions, I know cboot2 is completely optional but if you have the chance to install it, trust me, its worthwhile, its the ultimate in antibrick protection, no nand, only cboot2 as a boot2 replacement and you can fix any brick.

But yeah, you really only need the trucha bug on IOS36 so you can run Wii WAD Manager and install WAD's, preferably either patching IOS70 (that would be Da Letter A's patch, which should be legal if he makes it into a patch .dol that patches it on the fly.... or illegal if he once again includes it) or downgrading to 4.1, which I can't be held legally accountable for telling you to do so because I never did tell you to do so. Yes, my head moved, but thats only because I had an itch (Will Arnett is badass lol) (Threaten Fox).

Anyway, the trucha bug restorer should crash each time after a successful install, because the rebooter method fails through the loading method. So just restart and run again. Anyway, once you get a trucha bug on your Wii, just load the wad manager and your all set. If you already ave it for sure on your Wii, just load that IOS and your fine.

And threaten Fox.... (Ok, now that I can be held to...).

damysteryman

I am too busy IRL these days...
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
We cannot use preloader or startpatch, as system updates overwrite them.
Are there any region patchers that modify only the region info on the disc, without modifying the partitions, therefore not needing any fakesigning?
Don't some old region patchers do this?
Maybe we could use one of these older patchers to patch the PAL or JAP versions, and hope that comex can port smash stack...

LordX

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I tested month ago USA SSBB + DriveKey set to Autoboot , I get error "put game disc in drive" or something like this, same happen like patch the game.

Abkarino

Trophies
XP
Country
Egypt
so i thought that there's no way to do it just using drivekey to autoboot SSBB
i hope that we can find any working solution fro this f****n error
i think that we must port smashstack to pal edition of SSBB or find a new working exploit like it
or we find a patch to disable this security check so we can autoboot it

Abkarino

Trophies
XP
Country
Egypt
DeadlyFoez said:
I already figured this out.

DO NOT ENABLE AUTOBOOT on the drivekey or the SSBB disc. When the recovery mode comes up, just press "A" on the gamecube controller and it will boot the game. WOW, simple.
Thank you for your reply i'll give it try soon and tell you my feed back here i hope that i can rescue my dead korean wii

SmallFiRe

Trophies
XP
Country
Hong Kong
DeadlyFoez said:

DO NOT ENABLE AUTOBOOT on the drivekey or the SSBB disc. When the recovery mode comes up, just press "A" on the gamecube controller and it will boot the game. WOW, simple.

Hi guys,
what can i do if i get into the recovery mode and press A, then black screen and no more action.
does the SSBB game disk need to be crack?

Regards,
SmallFire

SmallFiRe

Trophies
XP
Country
Hong Kong
DeadlyFoez said:
SmallFiRe said:
what can i do if i get into the recovery mode and press A, then black screen and no more action.
does the SSBB game disk need to be crack?

Depends on the system menu version. I've only tested with 4.1u so far bc I am too busy to test earlier, and I dont care to ever put 4.2 on my wii eventhough I do have a nand backup and bootmii as boot2. It's just something about me knowing that nintendo only came out with 4.2 to stop homebrew and hacking. Absolutely pointless to upgrade even for testing bc there's no reason for anyone else to be on it as of yet.

My wii is korean wii and modified to japanese system menu. now brick at 4.2J with 003 error
frown.gif

Zolotor

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
DeadlyFoez said:

Hello I am trying to make SSBB boot on 4.1U via Recovery Menu.

Just a quick question, you're on virgin state 4.1U when you tried this? or maybe you have enabled Remove diag disc check in StartPatch or Preloader. Because if this is enabled, I can boot SSBB using DrveKey. but with this off, it doesn't load.

And of course, all disc are not patched to autoboot, and drivekey is not set to autoboot also.

I am wondering what is your Wii settings (IOS, or Patches) that made you boot SSBB?

Thanks.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/FdYTKAVSsXY?si=9E-2AU0JN-4hRZi3