Can I get melonds's required files using GodMode9 on 3DS?

QuarterOfTen

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I want to use my own 3DS dump so I can use melonds with Wiimmfi, but the only method for dumping that melonds has in their FAQ requires hardware I do not have. I already have a CFW 3DS with GodMode9 included; is it possible to get the DS configs that way?

Shadow#1

Wii, 3DS Softmod & Dumpster Diving Expert
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I want to use my own 3DS dump so I can use melonds with Wiimmfi, but the only method for dumping that melonds has in their FAQ requires hardware I do not have. I already have a CFW 3DS with GodMode9 included; is it possible to get the DS configs that way?
Kink to this FAQ?

QuarterOfTen

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is there a link to a good walkthrough for making a forwarder app? I don't have TWiLight Menu and I'm also not sure what guides are the most up-to-date.

BETA215

Member not found
Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
Is there a link to a good walkthrough for making a forwarder app? I don't have TWiLight Menu and I'm also not sure what guides are the most up-to-date.
Its GBATemp thread includes a step-by-step guide detailing how to use it: https://gbatemp.net/threads/nds-yet...e-than-40-forwarders-are-now-possible.606138/

But in case it gets too complicated for you, you can also just download and install TWiLight Menu++ via Universal-Updater (a 3DS app), and it'll do all the work automatically.

QuarterOfTen

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I was able to figure it out, and got the new firmware file which allows me to use WFC, but for some reason the ARM7 and 9 files saved as ROM files, not BIN files. I already had the ARM files so mine still works, but IDK why they didn't dump as expected. For anyone finding this in the future, the dumper is an .nds file so just getting TwiLight Menu++ will allow you to run it.

Reactions: BETA215

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: :tpi::rofl2::tpi: