Apple Can I unlock my iPhone 4s?

tmoney153

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I recently got a iphone 4s from goodwill that was untested (it was $20 LOL). Anyway when I received the phone it had a AT&T sim card in it & it needed a passcode to be unlocked. After searching online for solutions I bypassed the passcode by restoring the phone on Itunes & since then took out the sim card because I wasn't 100% sure if the phone was actually donated to goodwill or if it was lost or stolen. I jailbroke the phone when IOS 7.0.4 was released, this is my 1st iphone so I thought that when you jailbreak a phone it is automatically unlocked but I now know that jailbreaking & unlocking is completely different. So I checked the IMEI & it said that the phone was locked. Is there a way that I can unlock this phone. Any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

sudeki300

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
you can unlock the iphone by using SAM, you will install it through cydia. cannot remember the repository but google will sort that out in no time i'm sure......................sudeki300

Dialexio

Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
Yes, your baseband version is labeled "Modem Firmware" in your settings. Unfortunately, there's no free software-based unlock like ultrasn0w for the iPhone 4S, so the baseband doesn't matter anyways. I'm afraid that you'll need to pony up some cash in order to unlock it. There are services on the Internet that offer to permanently unlock your iPhone (i.e. the unlock persists after restores). Be careful with who you go with, though; you need to provide your phone's IMEI to them. (Not only is an IMEI very sensitive information, but some unlocking services might go with a method that the carrier might undo!)

That being said, I haven't actually been a customer of his, but I do consider Chronic Unlocks to be trustworthy.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: https://youtu.be/vkgL7HSRrNo?si=L7zkH2u9taT4hQzP