Can I use any eMMC board to rebuild a NAND?

WayOfTheRoad

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi, all.
Can I use any working Switch eMMC board on a Switch it did not ship with IF my plan is to rebuild the NAND with the keys of the new Switch?

Put simply, "Switch A" is broken but the eMMC board is still good. "Switch B" works fine in every way except it has a bad EMMC board. If "Switch B" is an unpatched unit and I have all of it's keys, can I use the eMMC from "Switch A" in it for NAND rebuild or does the eMMC have to be reset/erased in some way first?

Thanks!

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi, all.
Can I use any working Switch eMMC board on a Switch it did not ship with IF my plan is to rebuild the NAND with the keys of the new Switch?

Put simply, "Switch A" is broken but the eMMC board is still good. "Switch B" works fine in every way except it has a bad EMMC board. If "Switch B" is an unpatched unit and I have all of it's keys, can I use the eMMC from "Switch A" in it for NAND rebuild or does the eMMC have to be reset/erased in some way first?

Thanks!
I believe it is possible.

Reactions: WayOfTheRoad

WayOfTheRoad

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I believe it is possible.
Ok, thank you so much for the reply! I wasn't sure if the ones I bought from China were wiped and/or by necessity. Given that I have working donors from unfixable Switch tablets, I could hopefully save myself the time and money.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: I played the intro to far cry 5, that is like some crazy Jim Jones cult shit. Still its petty...