Hacking Can Nintendo prevent cartridges from booting ?

Mat37

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Title. I try to launch Odyssey but it won't even in stock mode. I don't get any error code, only "The software was closed because an error occured". I'm already banned from going online so i wonder if this error is also a ban or another thing. I can load my Zelda cartridge without any problem and i've never used it for layeredfs

Last edited by Mat37,

masterspike52

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Title. I try to launch Odyssey but it won't even in stock mode. I don't get any error code, only "The software was closed because an error occured". I'm already banned from going online so i wonder if this error is also a ban or another thing. I can load my Zelda cartridge without any problem and i've never used it for layeredfs
they cant legally prevent you from cartridge booting nor can they prevent you from booting an install title you paid for

Reactions: Subtle Demise

Mat37

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
France
they cant legally prevent you from cartridge booting nor can they prevent you from booting an install title you paid for
Yeah that's what i was thinking but who knows what you can think when you are really surprised that something that worked yesterday doesn't work today ^^
try to archive it and re-download it work'd for me
it wasn't loading in ofw and now work like magic :P

probably corrupted update package.. delete it and reinstall
I did that and i can now boot ̶F̶E̶ ̶W̶a̶r̶r̶i̶o̶r̶s̶ Odyssey again! Thank you, i still don't know why the package became suddently corrupted tho ..

Mat37

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
France
you are ban and you are in franc get your self a sx-os and end the story and send me on to Syria :P lol
heck no lol ^^ i hate having to pay for backup loading ... that's why i don't have Haxchi on my wii u and i have to load internet browser every time i want homebrew ... but lol my gamepad is currently covered with dirt so you can tell how often i use my wii u (thanks cemu)

Last edited by Mat37,
Reactions: NoNAND

Prince ofhell

Trophies
XP
Country
Syria
lol i am in syria man and i have Haxchi
the wii u is my son console its hard for him without Haxchi to play some old class game
note : my son is 5 years old :D

Mat37

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
France
lol i am in syria man and i have Haxchi
the wii u is my son console its hard for him without Haxchi to play some old class game
note : my son is 5 years old :D
Yeah you did install Haxchi so it's easier for your son to play games. For me it's just a no to pay for hacking ^^ and again i rarely use it now.
Btw, anyone knows if i can dl updates for games i don't own with eXhop ?

Mat37

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
France
https://github.com/tunip3/eXhop/releases
but ur titleid you want to install in
sdmc:/switch/eXhop.txt
I pasted "0100F15003E64800" (which is the titleID for the FE Warriors update) in eXhop.txt but when i start downloading it makes a new square with a loading icon and it gives me an error when i click on it :( i wonder if i first have to download the whole game or maybe i have to paste other things in the .txt

Last edited by Mat37,

Mat37

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
France
you must pay for it in the desktop eshop in order to work or to download a demo...

try a demo title and see
A demo would work, since it's something that can be displayed in the home menu, but i think it might be okay to dl a game then the update, i'll try with a smaller game, cause FE is 14GB

g00s3y

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Thankfully we have a legal expert here to give us an official statement on the matter...

Nintendo can do whatever they want with their hardware if you try to illegally tinker with it.

Look at smartphones, they can be disabled remotely. You think Nintendo wont do that if they find people illegally downloading games they didn't pay for on their own hardware?

Has it happened yet? No clue. But you have to be extremely dumb and naive to think just because you paid for something, you have the right to do whatever you want with it. The world doesn't work like that anymore sadly.

fragged

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Look at smartphones, they can be disabled remotely.
You can remotely disable a lost or stolen phone, phone carriers can only blacklist a phones IMEI number from connecting to their network (just like Ninteno) but you can still use it offline to play games Etc. just like an online banned Switch.

Reactions: Subtle Demise

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/shorts/W-jzom3X0QU