Hacking Can Nintendo prevent cartridges from booting ?

Digital_0xFF

Trophies
XP
Country
Austria
Thankfully we have a legal expert here to give us an official statement on the matter...

Nintendo can do whatever they want with their hardware if you try to illegally tinker with it.

Look at smartphones, they can be disabled remotely. You think Nintendo wont do that if they find people illegally downloading games they didn't pay for on their own hardware?

Has it happened yet? No clue. But you have to be extremely dumb and naive to think just because you paid for something, you have the right to do whatever you want with it. The world doesn't work like that anymore sadly.
ok could be but at least in eu you can fight against such actions

Reactions: g00s3y

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
Thankfully we have a legal expert here to give us an official statement on the matter...

Nintendo can do whatever they want with their hardware if you try to illegally tinker with it.

Look at smartphones, they can be disabled remotely. You think Nintendo wont do that if they find people illegally downloading games they didn't pay for on their own hardware?

Has it happened yet? No clue. But you have to be extremely dumb and naive to think just because you paid for something, you have the right to do whatever you want with it. The world doesn't work like that anymore sadly.
But it's not their hardware, its yours.
That means you have the right to do whatever you want to it.
The online service is a service, and they have the right to refuse you service for any reason listed in their EULA.
But they don't have the right to destroy hardware you own so it can no longer be used for its intended purpose.

Last edited by The Real Jdbye,

g00s3y

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Here in America, laws and rules don't mean shit. Corporations can do whatever they want.

Especially with the retard running this country now.

Nintendo wants to ban you, stop you from downloading games, stop you from running illegal/legal games, they can do it.

If any of you have the money, time, and legal resources to fight them, go right ahead and let us all know how it works out.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

That means you have the right to do whatever you want to it.
The online service is a service, and they have the right to refuse you service for any reason listed in their EULA.
But they don't have the right to destroy hardware you own so it can no longer be used for its intended purpose.

And in that same EULA, does it say that you are not to use the hardware for any illegal purposes? And if you do, that Nintendo has the right to take action against you to stop it?

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
Here in America, laws and rules don't mean shit. Corporations can do whatever they want.

Especially with the retard running this country now.

Nintendo wants to ban you, stop you from downloading games, stop you from running illegal/legal games, they can do it.

If any of you have the money, time, and legal resources to fight them, go right ahead and let us all know how it works out.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

And in that same EULA, does it say that you are not to use the hardware for any illegal purposes? And if you do, that Nintendo has the right to take action against you to stop it?
Yes - but that EULA only applies to their online services.

dezi

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
snip.
yeah well, they aren't allowed to damage the hardware, but the software part is probably different. They could blacklist the specific cartridge to be not bootable in the ofw, if they wanted to. Especially if it was recognized with backup loading, which is probably against the tou ^^'

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
yeah well, they aren't allowed to damage the hardware, but the software part is probably different. They could blacklist the specific cartridge to be not bootable in the ofw, if they wanted to. Especially if it was recognized with backup loading, which is probably against the tou ^^'
Maybe, I'm not sure how the law works on that. You don't own the game, you only own a copy and the license to use it. They can't revoke your copy but I suppose theoretically they can revoke your license to use it. You don't have to accept an EULA in order to play a game offline though, so they don't really have any legal foothold to justify doing that.
And either way it wouldn't make sense to block people from playing a game they legally own, and it would be bad for PR in any case.

Reactions: Subtle Demise

Mat37

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
France
try searching for corrupted data, i had the same problem with MK8D and i just redownloaded it and it works fine
Yeah i deleted the update data and redownloaded it, works fine. Looks like the data corrupted itself lol. or maybe it's because i used another card with memloader (don't have an SD port on my PC)

D

Deleted User

Yeah i deleted the update data and redownloaded it, works fine. Looks like the data corrupted itself lol. or maybe it's because i used another card with memloader (don't have an SD port on my PC)
i had this problem cuz accidently i deleted the update data for the game (cuz i thought i had it on the NAND)

D

Deleted User

Didn't you have the cloud icon and didn't the switch prompted an update message when trying to load the game ?
no i didn't, i noticed that when i went to data management and there wasn't any data in the NAND nor the SD card

D

Deleted User

Oh, that's weird, it usually asks you to dl the update when it's not there
Found the picture of how it looked
2018070113593600-57B4628D2267231D57E0FC1078C0596D.jpg

(I didn't archive it)

Mat37

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Found the picture of how it looked
View attachment 134256
(I didn't archive it)
So i guess you have the game in cartridge format but no update nor save for it. Have you played it ? Cause it says haven't played. Or maybe time play was reset for a reason. If you had installed the update and it's not there that's very weird i must say

D

Deleted User

So i guess you have the game in cartridge format but no update nor save for it. Have you played it ? Cause it says haven't played. Or maybe time play was reset for a reason. If you had installed the update and it's not there that's very weird i must say
I played it and I still have my save data

studio1b

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
so when M$ decided to knock off people with modded dvd roms on the x360 what did they do.
well they upgraded the dvd firmware and most everyone with old firmware on the dvd rom got screwed.
you had to reopen the unit and reflash the dvd rom with the new firmware they updated to.
so i would have to say Nintendo can pull the same stuff

They can do anything they want to people that try and mod the system

Last edited by studio1b,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Uncensored patch for Barbie games?