Can not install Windows 10 with ISO burned to USB disc

worm28

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi im having a issue with trying to install Windows 10 to my Dell Venue 8 Pro tablet. I load the USB media stick through the bios and windows install starts then i get an error saying something like windows cant be installed through USB media please boot into windows and then choose recovery from the settings and choose boot from usb media. Well i tried that and it gives me the same error as stated above. I might want to add that my tablet all ready has windows 10 installed. Now the thing is i have reinstalled Windows 10 on my tablet three times before from USB and i never experienced this issue. Im started to think the windows 10 devs added that error it to the latest windows version. If anyone has any advice it would help me out a lot?

Last edited by worm28,

worm28

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is the image in the USB bootable?
Yes it is the windows installer starts and works until i get the error. I even tried to burn my Windows 10 ISO for mbr/bios then i tried to burn it for mbr/uefi and gpt/uefi i get the same error on all three. So yea im stumped.

Hayato213

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
U have to delete the windows 10 that is already installed and repartition the HDD on the tablet. If the OS existed it won't let you reinstall without deleting the os and repartition it.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @Sonic Angel Knight, Why is it all in lower-case?