Not open for further replies.

Levguacamole

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes I know that Fortnite isn’t possible on 3ds BUT could it be possible to make a port or something like a single player Fortnite clone where you vs bots or something, preferably based off of OG chapter 1 Fortnite specifically like season 5? The premise would be simple, and I’ll explain it, so basically you would go into a match and fight maybe around 30 bots or 20 or something small but somewhat big number, you can find loot like there should be like a pump shotgun an assault rife, maybe a sniper and a rocket launcher. The rarities would be grey blue and legendar, and the map would be small but big enough where you could like roam around, the pois could be like tilted pleasant park, dusty depot and loot lake. the gameplay/3d environment could be a mix of the xenoblade chronicles and the 3D Pokémon. then for the menu/ lobby: the basic menu could be a lobby screen and for the tabs there can be a shop where you can get skins, it could be like the season shop from season 1 with the aerial assault trooper and the renegade raider where you can earn vbucks from playing matches and spend on skins, and there could be a small battle pass where you earn cosmetics every 2 or so levels, the skins could be rust lord, teknique, drift, omega, and maybe a few other cool skins. And to make sure that the game doesn’t get boring after playing for 5 minutes, add fun stuff like shopping carts and supply drops, and maybe a playground mode. If you would need to disclude some stuff to keep it possible on 3ds that’s fine, just make sure it’s explorable and fun. Fun is most important, and include the battle pass and some sort of tier system so that there’s a little bit of grind to keep you hooked on playing. If this is possible or if anyone can make this please do, as there are no homebrew Fortnite’s or anything. Normal Fortnite is boring and 3ds is cool. If anyone can PLEASE make this possible, I would love to have this on my 3ds. If you have any problems feel free to reply and if anyone makes this, post the link to the cia plz. 🙏🙏🙏 thank you!

tldr: could anyone make a homebrew Fortnite port that would be a mix between Kirby battle royale, and xenoblade chronicles for 3ds?

Levguacamole

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Either I’m stupid or Yall didn’t read it… I’m saying we could try keeping it as simple as possible so that it can be possible on 3ds. I’m not saying make a direct port.

• Haha
Reactions: Anity and SylverReZ

The Catboy

GBAtemp Official Catboy™: Boywife
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
I see that the OP is 13. Porting a game requires one to have access to the source code or have the source code either reverse engineered or built up from scratch, without a source a port won't be able to happen. What you are asking for is someone to make an entire new game from scratch that looks like Fornite but isn't Fortnite. That's techincally doable but without any reason to do so (money, hobby, bordom, whatever,) no one is just going to start a project. Even if someone did, it would most likely be built on top of an open source engine like Quake or Doom (OG.) If someone hasn't made those mods, then sucks to suck.

Reactions: SylverReZ

TheStonedModder

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I see that the OP is 13. Porting a game requires one to have access to the source code or have the source code either reverse engineered or built up from scratch, without a source a port won't be able to happen. What you are asking for is someone to make an entire new game from scratch that looks like Fornite but isn't Fortnite. That's techincally doable but without any reason to do so (money, hobby, bordom, whatever,) no one is just going to start a project. Even if someone did, it would most likely be built on top of an open source engine like Quake or Doom (OG.) If someone hasn't made those mods, then sucks to suck.
Not even just no source code. I don't think theres any "engines" or libraries to use with assisting 3DS development for the most part. Especially games so everything needs to be made from scratch.

I know theres basic examples to go off of, but they kinda suck and are useless for the average joe to learn unless you've made other console homebrew before

The Catboy

GBAtemp Official Catboy™: Boywife
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Not even just no source code. I don't think theres any "engines" or libraries to use with assisting 3DS development for the most part. Especially games so everything needs to be made from scratch.

I know theres basic examples to go off of, but they kinda suck and are useless for the average joe to learn unless you've made other console homebrew before
I simplified the shit out of my explanation, ngl. Still, yeah, there's literally just no means of making a project like this happen

CaliousKai

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Why wouldl you want a trash title like that anyway? if your that interested on that trashfire its free on switch ands other platforms so why ask for something that's free already?

Reactions: burningup

TheStonedModder

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I still don’t get how if you simplify everything as much as you can it still can’t be possible 🤔
https://gbatemp.net/threads/counter-strike-nintendo-3ds.589186/

Even using official leaked tooling members had trouble recreating an old version of counter strike. Which is much much older and less demanding than Fortnite.

Sure some are better programmers than other and have done more work with less before (portal 64 for example) but that required so much hacking and minor optimizations from my understanding.

lone_wolf323

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I still don’t get how if you simplify everything as much as you can it still can’t be possible 🤔
You're basically making a full game from scratch. its not going to be easy. especially if you are highly limited on trying to fit sprites and meshes onto a smaller capacity system.

Reactions: Blythe93

duwen

Old Man Toad
Trophies
Website
www.exophase.com
XP
Country
United Kingdom
There are already a bunch of games on 3ds that have elements of Fortnites gameplay... you want first person crafting, there's Minecraft and a bunch of clones, you want third person shooters, try Ironfall Invasion or Resident Evil Mercenaries. That's just off the top of my head - the list is pretty extensive.
All I'm saying is, why ask for a dumbed down version of a lame dumbed down game, when the concepts it presents are available in other (better) games that are already on the system. Explore beyond what you know and you may end up with some new favourite games... or be stuck in Fortnite hell forever!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    S @ salazarcosplay: @BakerMan can one play cod from hen ps3?