Hacking Can the new R4 software do this yet?

CatScam

ScamaRama!
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I haven’t updated my R4 for a bit because I haven’t really needed any of the extra skinning/ calendar features. But what is killing me, is having to scroll up & down the DS screen hunting for a game. Has the R4 added the ability to jump pages with the R & L buttons like the Supercard has? I haven’t herd anything about it, but with the new cheat system coming to the R4 & the lack of the R & L jump page missing, maybe I missed it.

ImperialX

Trophies
XP
Country
In the game selection, you can use left/right to instantly jump from top to bottom or bottom to top, so there's no need for page selection. Anyway L&R are already assigned to brightness & soft reset.

Qpido

Call me Q.
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
I disagree, the left/right option is very annoying. They should make a scroll-bar on the right side of the touch menu.
I have 30 games and if I want game 15, I can't use the left/right option.

Q~

4saken

Retired Ace Attorney
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
It honestly doesn't take long to scroll down with the directional buttons. I've tried the touch screen scrolling thing (on the x9 beta loader) and I have to say the R4 style is friendlier.

Rayder

Mostly lurking lately....
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just to clarify, when people say left/right to select pages, they mean left/right on the d-pad.

lagman

I wish I was green.
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Mexico
You guys are spoiled
tongue.gif

Shinji

҉҉ ҉҉
Trophies
Website
www.google.com
XP
Country
United States
Is there really a reason to be discussing this?
The OP's comment: "I want page jump on the L/R buttons"
The R4 has: page jump on the left and right d-pad"

So you press right instead of R. I dont see how thats a bad thing. It actually makes sense... D-Pad=navigation. Whee
smile.gif

CatScam

ScamaRama!
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Never new the Right & left jumped pages, that’s not bad. Although there have been many
times I have accidentally hit the R button & disable the reset feature. They should just
keep the reset & light, stylus controlled only. Because you rarely ever change them & I
always end up accidentally messing with them.

Kiljaeden

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
What they need is voice recognition. I will not be happy until this is implemented.
rofl2.gif

I don't see why people are complaining about the d-pad scrolling. It works fine.

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
buy the game, you won't have to cycle through a collection of your so called "backups"
tongue.gif

And it would save you that 2-3 seconds...
Yeah, but then you have to look through your physical collection of games, find it, take out the R4, put the game in, power on the ds and select the ds cart option (unless your ds is set to boot automatically, in which case you can disregard that last step)

I think I'll scroll for 2-3 seconds, thanks.

Trace II

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
buy the game, you won't have to cycle through a collection of your so called "backups"
tongue.gif

Yeah, but then you have to look through your physical collection of games, find it, take out the R4, put the game in, power on the ds and select the ds cart option (unless your ds is set to boot automatically, in which case you can disregard that last step)

Then stop complaining.
cool.gif

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
tongue.gif

Then stop complaining.
cool.gif
Who said I was complaining
blink.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/rI5IRxpcwDk?si=g8PPkbkjsSuwpjZW