Hacking Hardware Homebrew Can you boot cfw using a USB stick?

any_name_you_wish

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Iran
So the sd card socket on my motherboard has been damaged and I need to buy another switch now, can I use the usbc port on the switch instead of an sd card slot to at least copy all the saves into the USB stick using jksv?
Post automatically merged:

I accidentally posted this twice, sorry

hippy dave

BBMB
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
No. You can use hekate (can't run the nyx GUI without SD card, but afaik the text interface of hekate should still offer the important features) to dump the emmc over USB, and potentially recover the saves from that. You'd need your console keys too, which you would normally dump with Lockpick RCM payload, but idk if that can be achieved without working SD card to save keys to.

any_name_you_wish

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Iran
No. You can use hekate (can't run the nyx GUI without SD card, but afaik the text interface of hekate should still offer the important features) to dump the emmc over USB, and potentially recover the saves from that. You'd need your console keys too, which you would normally dump with Lockpick RCM payload, but idk if that can be achieved without working SD card to save keys to.
Is there any way other than that to copy my saves without an sd card? Like some sort of pc app where you can copy the save files via usb?
Or boot jksv without an sd card?

Last edited by any_name_you_wish,

hippy dave

BBMB
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Is there any way other than that to copy my saves without an sd card? Like some sort of pc app where you can copy the save files?
No, I don't think so.

The damage should be repairable, if you want to save your Switch and your saves, should be cheaper than a new Switch but you'd need to find someone who knows what they're doing. There's been plenty of discussion of repairing the connections to the SD slot on this forum.

Reactions: binkinator

any_name_you_wish

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Iran
No, I don't think so.

The damage should be repairable, if you want to save your Switch and your saves, should be cheaper than a new Switch but you'd need to find someone who knows what they're doing. There's been plenty of discussion of repairing the connections to the SD slot on this forum.
I know its stupid to ask but, should I create my own thread with a pic of the damaged sd slot or should I look for an already existing thread?
Post automatically merged:

Also, I forgot to mention but I already did have to swap another damaged sd slot so this would be the third time I'm doing this
I know its stupid to as but, should I create my own thread with a pic of the damaged sd slot or should I look for an already existing thread?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @Psionic Roshambo, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h9PJJRe1g2Y