3ds

Double-L

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Let’s say I have 2 3ds one with Pokémon moon another with 3D land is their a way to put Pokémon moon onto 3ds 1 and keep 3D land

Pk11

A catgirl with a DSi
Trophies
Website
xn--rck9c.xn--tckwe
XP
Country
United States
You can't merge the accounts, but you can simply dump the title and install it on the other 3DS using FBI or GodMode9. Save data can be backed up/restored with Checkpoint, it'll be in sdmc:/3ds/Checkpoint, just copy that over after backing up.

Edit: See below

Last edited by Pk11,
Reactions: CoolMe

TeconMoon

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@Double-L The answer depends on your use-case, but more or less the answer is yes, it should be possible. I've done both of these transfer methods in the past. This answer doesn't require the use or knowledge of homebrew.
  • 1st use-case: you have two NNID accounts with different purchases made on both.
    • Call Nintendo Support and ask them to "merge" the accounts. What they usually end up doing is deleting one account, and crediting the other account with eShop credit equivalent to what you purchased with the secondary account. Then you re-purchase your games using your primary NNID, or buy different ones!
  • 2nd use-case: one system has a linked NNID, the other system has purchases made on it without a linked NNID.
    • I recently inherited a system that had Pokemon Alpha Sapphire purchased on it, but the owner hadn't ever linked an NNID to the system. I took ownership of that content by first doing a system transfer from that non-NNID system to my own system with my NNID Linked. Then once the system transfer was complete, I signed back into my system with my NNID and the Pokemon Alpha Sapphire purchase was then linked to my NNID and I was able to re-download all my purchased content.
  • 3rd use-case: Both of your systems have purchases made on them without a linked NNID.
    • This is dangerous territory, as your purchases aren't yet tied to an account and could be easily lost. Create an NNID and link it to one of your systems (which will tie your purchases to that system), then do a system transfer from your other system to the one that has an NNID linked. After the system transfer, re-link your NNID and all of your purchases should be linked to the one NNID.
Hope that helps! If you can post some more details about the two systems, that will help decide which path you need to take.

Reactions: Double-L and Pk11

Pk11

A catgirl with a DSi
Trophies
Website
xn--rck9c.xn--tckwe
XP
Country
United States
@Double-L The answer depends on your use-case, but more or less the answer is yes, it should be possible. I've done both of these transfer methods in the past. This answer doesn't require the use or knowledge of homebrew.
  • 1st use-case: you have two NNID accounts with different purchases made on both.
    • Call Nintendo Support and ask them to "merge" the accounts. What they usually end up doing is deleting one account, and crediting the other account with eShop credit equivalent to what you purchased with the secondary account. Then you re-purchase your games using your primary NNID, or buy different ones!
  • 2nd use-case: one system has a linked NNID, the other system has purchases made on it without a linked NNID.
    • I recently inherited a system that had Pokemon Alpha Sapphire purchased on it, but the owner hadn't ever linked an NNID to the system. I took ownership of that content by first doing a system transfer from that non-NNID system to my own system with my NNID Linked. Then once the system transfer was complete, I signed back into my system with my NNID and the Pokemon Alpha Sapphire purchase was then linked to my NNID and I was able to re-download all my purchased content.
  • 3rd use-case: Both of your systems have purchases made on them without a linked NNID.
    • This is dangerous territory, as your purchases aren't yet tied to an account and could be easily lost. Create an NNID and link it to one of your systems (which will tie your purchases to that system), then do a system transfer from your other system to the one that has an NNID linked. After the system transfer, re-link your NNID and all of your purchases should be linked to the one NNID.
Hope that helps! If you can post some more details about the two systems, that will help decide which path you need to take.
Oh my bad on saying it's not possible, I honestly didn't think Nintendo would do that. I wonder for how long they still will though with the eShop going down for purchasing soon... Dumping and reinstalling is still what I would do personally as it's the simplest imo, but good to know it is possible.

Reactions: Takokeshi

Double-L

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
If I went with option one would I be able to keep the save data of my games If not that’s still ok but it would be nice if I could

Double-L

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Just called they said they can’t do it maybe they stopped doing it 🤷‍♂️

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    @AncientBoi, would be a better lover to luke he knows how to get in personal space better
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    [sips my ☕ ]
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    The other night was watching tv in my screened in porch, and heard something walking on my porch roof, thought maybe it was a raccoon, so I grabbed my rifle and went out to look, it was just a duck, lol
    +2
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Shoot the duck free meal
    +3
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Not allowed here in Ohio without Duck hunting permit, n it not in season yet.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Just say it was trespassing and you thought it was ancientboi
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    We can shoot racoon, possums, skunks, cayottes tho
    +1
    I can shoot guys :shy::blush::evil:
    +2
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Not from more than 2 feet tho
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    You confuse shooting for milking
    +3
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    @AncientBoi, hasn't shot anything since 1938
    +2
    I think that was "The great depression" time
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    It like one of those fake guns, that shoot, then a flag comes out and says, "splash"
    +2
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Yeah a world War wasn't going on or anything
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Americans lied about camps for propaganda
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @AncientBoi, where is your gun at?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I thought he already showed you his gun
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    "This is my rifle, this is my gun. This is for fighting, this is for fun." - Full Metal Jacket
    +1
    We actually said that in Boot Camp, waaay before the movie :mellow:
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I gotta raid0 these m.2s yay
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Do a raid10
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    That's tomorrow
    +1
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: That's tomorrow +1