Hacking Question Can't boot any payload other than Hekate. Also, screen is weird on khekate

Matius

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Hi,

Trying to help a friend out to run CFW on his Switch. His Switch is working completely fine, but when he injects hekate, there's these green dots on the screen. We've tried several SD cards too and it isn't an SD card problem. We can't inject Atmosphere though as it just black screens.

Her'es the images to show the green dots and to show the switch is in full working condition: You can scroll there's 2 images on that embed imgur link

Last edited by Matius,

ZachyCatGames

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
> hekate 5.1.1
> Nyx Options
Looks like you're using the 5.1.1 payload with 5.2.0/5.2.1 everything else. Make sure everything in your bootloader folder is up2date and that you're injecting the latest hekate payload.

Matius

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
> hekate 5.1.1
> Nyx Options
Looks like you're using the 5.1.1 payload with 5.2.0/5.2.1 everything else. Make sure everything in your bootloader folder is up2date and that you're injecting the latest hekate payload.
Hi. Thanks for the reply. That seems to have removed the nyx options thing.
> hekate 5.1.1
> Nyx Options

Hi. That updated the number to the latest, 5.2.1, but the lines are still there and I made sure to update everything. I reckon it's a hardware issue as I can inject biskeydump.bin just fine and the smiley face appears, but not any other payload like atmosphere fusee.

ZachyCatGames

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi. Thanks for the reply. That seems to have removed the nyx options thing.

Hi. That updated the number to the latest, 5.2.1, but the lines are still there and I made sure to update everything. I reckon it's a hardware issue as I can inject biskeydump.bin just fine and the smiley face appears, but not any other payload like atmosphere fusee.
You have all the files from the latest release on github on your SD card, and are using the latest payload from the github page? https://github.com/CTCaer/hekate/releases

I'd ask CTCaer about it on discord *shrugs*

Matius

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
You have all the files from the latest release on github on your SD card, and are using the latest payload from the github page? https://github.com/CTCaer/hekate/releases

I'd ask CTCaer about it on discord *shrugs*

Yeah all is updated.
Hardware issue I'm sure. No other payload can be injected, even when I inject Hekate, just the payload, to get the basic command line, the pixels are still there. Guess it can't run the CFW then. Shame, I'll tell friend to sell now though as the prices on these are ridiculous for both patched and non patched.

ZachyCatGames

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah all is updated.
Hardware issue I'm sure. No other payload can be injected, even when I inject Hekate, just the payload, to get the basic command line, the pixels are still there. Guess it can't run the CFW then. Shame, I'll tell friend to sell now though as the prices on these are ridiculous for both patched and non patched.
Oh, idk then. As I said earlier, I'd ask CTCaer on discord, he's much more knowledgeable:P.

LyuboA

Unknown Entity
Trophies
XP
Country
Bulgaria
yhis is most probably a bad SD card slot you need to check all the pins on the card slot thr cable and the connectors on the cable and on the switch you need to open the console for that if the slot is bad its easy fix just buy new one if its the connector on the board is bad you need someone that really knows what he does to repair it if possible i've seen this before it was always bad card slot or connector and yes you can have bad sd slot and all works fine under OFW even the sd card but not with payloads its usually just 1 pin or trace

Last edited by LyuboA,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @Psionic Roshambo, Lol he's right +1