Gaming Can't check e-mail

omgpwn666

Guy gamer and proud!
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I haven't made a topic in forever, so I thought I mite as well ask for some help with an annoying problem. First of all, when I go to my grandmas house she has no internet so I hook up my wi-fi to the neighbors internet so I can check my e-mail. Now for some random reason when I try to check my e-mail a message pops up (similar looking to the box that pops up when you're entering a encrypted page or get a message from JavaScript) asking if I want to save the web url... Yeah, it says "File Name : www.websitename.com" and under that it says "Destination : /PSP/PHOTO/" so I hit save and it downloaded the url to the destination and then I re clicked the link so it would continue to check my e-mail and it asked the same stuff again! This only happens when I go to check my e-mail, I use Yahoo.com if that matters.

PSP INFO
PSP 3001 (Going by the bar code)
Firmware 5.03 GEN-C (Full)
Browser: NetFront Internet Browser - P86 Mod

I know this is a Nintendo scene, so I don't expect a answer immediately. If I left something out, please let me know. And if you can't understand what I typed, tell me, I will try to type it different.

Additional Info
The file is not in images after I download it
This happens randomly, sometimes it asks for a URL download (Most of the time!) and sometimes it lets me load the page.
Also happens when not using a custom web browser.

Tear

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Already tried Opera Mini?
You have to use PSPKVM (it's a homebrew, java emulator) to make it work, then instal the .jar for the Opera Mini (last version that I know of is opera-mini-4.2.14912-advanced-en.jar)

I couldn't properly setup PSPKVM on my PSP 3001 when I tried, it was the old version. Got stuck on corrupted data
unsure.gif

Give it a try, if you can setup, I'll probably try again too
tongue.gif

CrashmanX

Current project: Gundam AGE Universe Accel
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Odd, not 100% sure as to why that would happen. Although all I can think of is that there is something on the page that the PSP cant load correctly, so it does what it thinks is right and attempts to download the file. Though again this is just speculation.

Also I cant really suggest checking e-mail via your PSP since most e-mail sites use flash or java anymore. Since the PSP has older java and a weak flash player I dont think it can load them properly. Once again, this is speculation.

omgpwn666

Guy gamer and proud!
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Tear said:
Already tried Opera Mini?
You have to use PSPKVM (it's a homebrew, java emulator) to make it work, then instal the .jar for the Opera Mini (last version that I know of is opera-mini-4.2.14912-advanced-en.jar)

I couldn't properly setup PSPKVM on my PSP 3001 when I tried, it was the old version. Got stuck on corrupted data
unsure.gif

Give it a try, if you can setup, I'll probably try again too
tongue.gif

I will try this later, sounds good.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Veho @ Veho: Wow, only $700?