ROM Hack Can't get NTR or other cheat utilities to work.

SonowRaevius

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Every time I try to install anything it seems to work at the home screen at the very least, but then as soon as I take it into the games themselves nothing appears and I can't even seem to bring up the menus no matter how hard I try.

I even put the plugins in the proper folders with the proper ID numbers, but I still can't seem to figure it out.

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
there's a button press you need to use in order to bring up the cheat menu. the ntr cheats should tell you what it is. also, are you entering into ntr cfw with the launcher? you need to do that first.

Reactions: SonowRaevius

SonowRaevius

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
there's a button press you need to use in order to bring up the cheat menu. the ntr cheats should tell you what it is. also, are you entering into ntr cfw with the launcher? you need to do that first.
Actually tried that with DQMJ3 and Radiant Historia Perfect Chronology, where the activation button for both is select. I also did the launcher first and, as I said, it works at the home menu (pressing X+y) but doesn't seem to work in any games.

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think the x+y menu is the normal ntr menu. there's the possibility that the cheats don't work. I've seen that happen before. someone else might know for sure about this information. my mind is a little hazy about it since I've only tried it a couple times to see if some cheats worked for another member on here.

SonowRaevius

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
From what is being said in the topics where I found the codes they are working for other people, but I have never had any success with NTR in general.

I have the plugin folder in the root of the SD
In that folder I have the plugins with their proper title ID's

I have tried this with other games in the past as well such as Dragon Quest VIII and VII with no avail as well as the Ocarina of Time. It just doesn't want to work for me for some odd reason.

vinstage

sweg
Trophies
XP
Country
Korea, North
From what is being said in the topics where I found the codes they are working for other people, but I have never had any success with NTR in general.

I have the plugin folder in the root of the SD
In that folder I have the plugins with their proper title ID's

I have tried this with other games in the past as well such as Dragon Quest VIII and VII with no avail as well as the Ocarina of Time. It just doesn't want to work for me for some odd reason.
Could you share a screenshot of your plugins folder?
Is everything up to date and the codes correspond to the correct region your game is set in?
Which NTR version are you using?

SonowRaevius

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Folder 1.png Folder 2.png Folder 3.png
This is how the files look in my SD
NTR version is 3.6
Luma Version 9.0
I am on a 2DS
I also made sure that all the NTR plug-ins matched (for example I have the US version of Perfect Chronology and the NTR Plugin from here: https://gbatemp.net/threads/release-radiant-historia-perfect-chronology-usa-ntr-plugin.496539/ )

jczarowitz

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok so then something is not set up right. Try capitalizing the P on your plugin folder. I think it may be case sensitive but I don't have my 3DS currently to check.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Also are you using BootNTR Selector? if not I recommend it. If none of that works you can set up CTR Plugin Framework with these steps https://gbatemp.net/threads/database-ctrpf-ar-cheat-codes.493220/.

SonowRaevius

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok so then something is not set up right. Try capitalizing the P on your plugin folder. I think it may be case sensitive but I don't have my 3DS currently to check.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Also are you using BootNTR Selector? if not I recommend it. If none of that works you can set up CTR Plugin Framework with these steps https://gbatemp.net/threads/database-ctrpf-ar-cheat-codes.493220/.
Tried Capitalizing the P and still nothing.
I am actually using the BootNTR selector, but it defaults to 3.6 and won't allow me to change it
If need be I will switch over to CTR tomorrow though.

jczarowitz

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Last edited by jczarowitz,

SonowRaevius

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Good. There's instructions on the first page of that thread that tell you how to set up CTR Plugin Framework. This will work slightly different than BootNTR by using the Rosalina menu.

Edit: Sorry here's the direct link to the step by step guide to set this up: https://github.com/JourneyOver/CTRPF-AR-CHEAT-CODES#database-ctrpf-ar-cheat-codes
Well the good news on this is I at least got it to show up on the games, but I can't seem to get the codes to load.

I tried putting the TXT file for Radiant Historia (USA) in the pre-made cheat folder the program made, but nothing showed up. I also tried renaming it to cheat.TXT and put in the same folder as the plugin

jczarowitz

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So you need the Action Replay plugin in luma/plugins/ActionReplay/ and the txt file in the cheats folder. Once you do that, enable plugins from the Rosalina menu and start up the game. You should get a green flash and eventually the message 'Plugin ready' will show up. At that point you can press select and then tap on the Action Replay option. The codes should show up then.

Vermil

I don't need a SENPAI to notice me, Right SENPAI?
Trophies
XP
Country
Philippines
Well the good news on this is I at least got it to show up on the games, but I can't seem to get the codes to load.

I tried putting the TXT file for Radiant Historia (USA) in the pre-made cheat folder the program made, but nothing showed up. I also tried renaming it to cheat.TXT and put in the same folder as the plugin
This cheat txt file is for Radiant Historia (USA) that I got from the Github.
Try to put it to;
SD: /cheats/"here"

Attachments

• 00040000001C8F00.txt
    3.5 KB · Views: 269

SonowRaevius

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So you need the Action Replay plugin in luma/plugins/ActionReplay/ and the txt file in the cheats folder. Once you do that, enable plugins from the Rosalina menu and start up the game. You should get a green flash and eventually the message 'Plugin ready' will show up. At that point you can press select and then tap on the Action Replay option. The codes should show up then.
That is what I got to happen, minus the cheat codes showing up
This cheat txt file is for Radiant Historia (USA) that I got from the Github.
Try to put it to;
SD: /cheats/"here"
Ok, so I don't know what happened exactly, but I grabbed the one from github as well, but it was a file that was blank ( no text and 0kb for some reason). The one you posted here worked immediately.

Thank you both for all the help, everything is running fine now.

Reactions: Vermil

jczarowitz

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That is what I got to happen, minus the cheat codes showing up

Ok, so I don't know what happened exactly, but I grabbed the one from github as well, but it was a file that was blank ( no text and 0kb for some reason). The one you posted here worked immediately.

Thank you both for all the help, everything is running fine now.

Glad we were able to help.

gunfort

Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
well somehow NTR wont work with CTRPF boot.firm on me
so I must switch between two boot.firm to use either ActionReplay or NTR plugin

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    NinStar @ NinStar: unless nintendo is going to start selling consoles at a loss that thing won't be cheap based on...