Homebrew Can't install theme CIAs; gives me default Home Menu.

TamDanny

GBATemp 3DS Fanatic
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
So I have an emuNAND 10.7 N3DSXL (9.2 sysNAND) running with reiNAND. I wanted to put in a few official themes into my console, so I grabbed the Howling Theme Tool and made a CIA with around 20 themes in it.
I launch FBI to install the CIA file (with SocketPunch, it's been incredibly useful), and it says it installed completely without any problems, but when I press the Home button, the Home Menu fades to white, then shows the default Home Menu. Not only that, but all the themes I've purchased before are now gone, & I can't redownload them.
I tried restoring the emuNAND with a NAND backup I had before doing this, but it didn't work (I've done this before to restore my themes, but it didn't work this time for some reason).
I understand that I can use CHMM2, but I'd really prefer selecting my themes from the Home Menu rather than HBL.
I hope someone can help me out. Thanks. :)

TamDanny

GBATemp 3DS Fanatic
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Um, I would if I could. The only themes available in the settings are the default color themes and nothing else. The themes I had before and the themes I wanted to install aren't there.

TamDanny

GBATemp 3DS Fanatic
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Huh, weird, I can't install BigBlueMenu, says the CIA's invalid. I gave DevMenu (is that BigBlueMenu? I'm confused if they're the same thing) a shot, and it seems like it worked! I still wonder what happened to the themes I purchased before. I can probably install them as CIA, but it's odd that I can't redownload them (it also gives me an error if I try purchasing them again). Thanks for the help!

eskinner3742

GBAtemp Professional Lurker
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I actually managed to use FBI to install DLC and updates plenty of times but only once managed to successfully my themes cia... I switched to BBM and it worked liked a charm.

TamDanny

GBATemp 3DS Fanatic
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
So, yeah, another problem, which is kinda weird. So I managed to get the themes working, but they're all mixed up. The theme I select is a completely different one that what it's supposed to be, like I choose a Yoshi theme, and it shows an Animal Crossing theme. There's also 3 theme names that I never installed, but they're official themes and (as the others) they select a different theme than what it says.
Anybody knows how to fix this kind of thing? I'm trying things like reinstalling the CIA and deleting the theme-data management folder, but no luck.

TamDanny

GBATemp 3DS Fanatic
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Welp, I kinda found out what's going on. The themes themselves are in alphabetical order, but the themes in the menu are in reverse alphabetical order, with four themes that I never downloaded. What the heck XD
I don't really know how to fix this, but I'm guessing it might be a bug in the Howling Theme Tool, some really strange bug. I guess I'll try getting used to mismatched themes then. :P

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/LZ_NvaV5HGE?si=p4H94YGObqOeX23X this brought me joy +2