Hardware Can't log in Nintendo Network ID services

Viri

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I had this issue too. I had to format my emunand, and lost my OOT save. If I tried to inject my backed up emunand, it would break nnid again. So, I bit the bullet, and redid my OOT progress again, and reinstalled it. Good thing I wasn't very far.

katrain

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So, do I do this after unlinking the regular way? Should I unlink at all, if I don't want to kill my NNID? If I updated my emunand without unlinking, would that be a problem?
I would unlink your NANDs first, then follow the steps you quoted (which is what I did too) to get your NNID linked up again. I didn't lose anything. It was kind of time consuming but worth it to get eshop access back

Reactions: KingVamp

KingVamp

Haaah-hahahaha!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I would unlink your NANDs first, then follow the steps you quoted (which is what I did too) to get your NNID linked up again. I didn't lose anything. It was kind of time consuming but worth it to get eshop access back
Just to be sure. I planned to format the emunand (or it doesn't matter?) during the unlinking process. Is this fine?

katrain

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just to be sure. I planned to format the emunand (or it doesn't matter?) during the unlinking process. Is this fine?
I formatted my sysnand to unlink it since my emunand is a copy and I figured I wouldn't use my sysnand anymore but it's up to you. I think formatting the sysnand is what screwed up my NNID in the first place..

Reactions: KingVamp

Patodox

Trophies
XP
Country
Cote d'Ivoire
Nor do you have to completely delete your NNID.

You just have to make an emunand backup and a backup of your nand's folder in sdmc:/Nintendo 3DS/, then format emunand in system settings, re-link your NNID in your newly formatted emunand, then restore emunand backup and restore your folder in Nintendo 3DS so you don't lose your games and your saves.

Voilà, should work now.

You say:
1.- Having linked sysnand and emunand (can enter the eshop with my NNID on emunand this point), create a backup of the emunand with emunand tool.
2.- unlink nands by formating sysnand (no link nnid on sysnand)
3.- in this point, emunand can't access eshop
4.- format emunand in system settings, link nnid
5.- restore the backup made on (1)

or:
1.- Having linked sysnand and emunand (can enter the eshop with my NNID on emunand this point), create a backup of the emunand with emunand tool.
2.- unlink nands formatting emunand on system settings
3.- link nnid on formated emunand
4.- restore the backup made on (1)

katrain

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You say:
2.- unlink nands by formating sysnand (no link nnid on sysnand)
3.- in this point, emunand can't access eshop
4.- format emunand in system settings, link nnid
5.- restore the backup made on (1)

or:
2.- unlink nands formatting emunand on system settings
3.- link nnid on formated emunand
4.- restore the backup made on (1)
The guide I read said to format sysnand. I backed up my sysnand before formatting it. If I restored it, I would have two copies of my digital games?

CptPotato

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Serbia, Republic of

You just have to make an emunand backup and a backup of your nand's folder in sdmc:/Nintendo 3DS/, then format emunand in system settings, re-link your NNID in your newly formatted emunand, then restore emunand backup and restore your folder in Nintendo 3DS so you don't lose your games and your saves.

Voilà, should work now.

Just wanted to say thank you. Worked perfectly.
Only thing I can add is that using the recommended emuNAND Tool didn't work for me. Trying to restore the NAND gave me an error. Instead I used EmuNAND9 through Homebrew Launcher to achieve the same result.

PRAGMA

Trophies
Website
github.com
XP
Country
Ireland
Guys ignore Ammako do not follow his tutorial its a waste of time. Heres a proper tutorial that will 100% fix it:
1 - Backup your EmuNAND in EmuNand9 tool just in case - Also backup all your saves with your preferred Homebrew;
2 - Put your SD Card in your PC and copy the Nintendo 3DS folder and EmuNand backup and store it somewhere;
3 - Put SD Card back into the 3DS and boot up EmuNand in rxMode. Make sure your Nands are unlinked this is really important;
4 - If they are unlinked go into System Settings and make sure it says RX-E {your version}. Once you confirmed your on EmuNand go click "Format Memory";
5 - Dont take out your SD Card etc just leave it format with your SD Card in it, Once its done simply setup your 3DS until you get to the Home Menu;
6 - Once at he Home Menu Head into System Settings and click "Nintendo Network ID Settings" (Making sure you have updated your Emunand to the latest firmware);
7 - If your on the latest fw it will let you signup/link your NNID. Go ahead and link any NNID to your system;
8 - Now DO NOT install your Backed Up EmuNAND.bin file. That will just put you back to Step 3 doing nothing in your favor;
9 - Now you need to open up SysNAND and format its Memory aswell to re-unlink the Nands. (Important).
10 - Once you set it up again and your at the Home Menu, Go into the Theme Change button and let it add stuff to the SD;
11 - Go ahead and use Browserhax to Get into HBL and resetup Menuhax;
12 - Now go back into EmuNand and simply reinstall all your Games and inject all your saves with SaveDataFiler.

Now go ahead update for example Triforce Heroes and online play, eShop, Mii-verse EVERYTHING will work Splendid!

Odnetnin46

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Voilà, should work now.
Can confirm this works on n3DS 9.5 emuNAND. I did it in conjunction with this guide to get access to the eshop.

KingVamp

Haaah-hahahaha!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The guide I read said to format sysnand. I backed up my sysnand before formatting it. If I restored it, I would have two copies of my digital games?
It worked. The only thing I had to add was going through the eshop first and then do this. Thank you. Now to reinstall all my software. Eh... Looks like I should have did save backups with a manager for my eshop games, but that is fine.

Last edited by KingVamp,
D

Deleted User

Voilà, should work now.

I've tried following these steps on an N3DS, but every time I format my emunand via system settings, I get through the initial setup, then get to the "Creating HomeScreen setup" and then blackscreens.

edit: The blackscreen is caused by menuhax. You'll have to change themes on sysnand and use browserhax to boot emunand succesfully. (even if unlinked) Then once in there, you can do the whole format, boot emunand, tiger/nver update, then FMP, then unlink. Then you can restore your backup emunand/folders and link on the old emunand.

Last edited by ,

darknightlink

Trophies
XP
Country
Ecuador
Guys ignore Ammako do not follow his tutorial its a waste of time. Heres a proper tutorial that will 100% fix it:
1 - Backup your EmuNAND in EmuNand9 tool just in case - Also backup all your saves with your preferred Homebrew;
2 - Put your SD Card in your PC and copy the Nintendo 3DS folder and EmuNand backup and store it somewhere;
3 - Put SD Card back into the 3DS and boot up EmuNand in rxMode. Make sure your Nands are unlinked this is really important;
4 - If they are unlinked go into System Settings and make sure it says RX-E {your version}. Once you confirmed your on EmuNand go click "Format Memory";
5 - Dont take out your SD Card etc just leave it format with your SD Card in it, Once its done simply setup your 3DS until you get to the Home Menu;
6 - Once at he Home Menu Head into System Settings and click "Nintendo Network ID Settings" (Making sure you have updated your Emunand to the latest firmware);
7 - If your on the latest fw it will let you signup/link your NNID. Go ahead and link any NNID to your system;
8 - Now DO NOT install your Backed Up EmuNAND.bin file. That will just put you back to Step 3 doing nothing in your favor;
9 - Now you need to open up SysNAND and format its Memory aswell to re-unlink the Nands. (Important).
10 - Once you set it up again and your at the Home Menu, Go into the Theme Change button and let it add stuff to the SD;
12 - Now go back into EmuNand and simply reinstall all your Games and inject all your saves with SaveDataFiler.

Now go ahead update for example Triforce Heroes and online play, eShop, Mii-verse EVERYTHING will work Splendid!

THANK YOU!!!!!!!!!!
This guide worked perfectly for me, I just downgraded from 9.9 my O3DS and I just installed a game, but I couldn't access Miiverse nor eshop.
I follow these steps and right know I'm downloading Nintendo Badge Arcade from eshop.

spinal_cord

Knows his stuff
Trophies
Website
spinalcode.co.uk
XP
Country

This method wont work, when I get to step 6, it drops me back into sysNAND and demands I update.

EpicMedz

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country

Amazing! Thanks!

Reactions: PRAGMA

redpill0991

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country

If I format my emuNAND will it re-linked to sysNAND?

dronesplitter

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
THANK YOU!!!!!!!!!!
This guide worked perfectly for me, I just downgraded from 9.9 my O3DS and I just installed a game, but I couldn't access Miiverse nor eshop.
I follow these steps and right know I'm downloading Nintendo Badge Arcade from eshop.
Really glad to know this method is confirmed for O3DS people, I've been confused a lot by how to do this without issue.

But those steps mean you have to use savedatafiler? Anyway to just...not use that at all? I found this topic while searching for a way to keep all data working on the emunand (created before formatting sysnand) but with no issue logging into NNID.

Last edited by dronesplitter,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: :rofl2::rofl2::rofl2::rofl2: