Hacking Can't unbrick 3ds blue screen

sebamendoza201x

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Cote d'Ivoire
Hi i have a 3ds xl with bluescreen brick so i tried with ntrboothax but godmode9 doesn't do anything and decrypt9wip shows "sysnand read fail", the previous owner tried to swap nand for a brick..

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
Hi i have a 3ds xl with bluescreen brick so i tried with ntrboothax but godmode9 doesn't do anything and decrypt9wip shows "sysnand read fail", the previous owner tried to swap nand for a brick..
Do you mean he tried to physically swap the NAND chip?
That's not possible, as the console unique encryption keys for NAND are stored on the CPU. He would have to swap both (and that's a near impossible task although one person has been able to do so, he did have to resort to paying professionals)

Anyway, theoretically it should be possible to boot without a working sysNAND by using ntrboot, just booting an emuNAND, in fact you don't even need a NAND chip at all. It isn't possible to create an emuNAND right now without having a working sysNAND or a NAND backup though.

sebamendoza201x

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Cote d'Ivoire
Sorry to say but then your screwed. You should think about getting a new 3DS
i have a 3ds xl but the screen is broken, i can swap the motherboard?

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Do you mean he tried to physically swap the NAND chip?
That's not possible, as the console unique encryption keys for NAND are stored on the CPU. He would have to swap both (and that's a near impossible task although one person has been able to do so, he did have to resort to paying professionals)

Anyway, theoretically it should be possible to boot without a working sysNAND by using ntrboot, just booting an emuNAND, in fact you don't even need a NAND chip at all. It isn't possible to create an emuNAND right now without having a working sysNAND or a NAND backup though.
he restored another nand.bin

NicknameGoesHere

RIP my sanity: 2018-2018
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

you could create an emunand with that one technically, but I am pretty sure you can swap the motherboard if you don't try to swap the nand from motherboard to motherboard

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway

Oh, well that should be fixable. When you say "godmode9 doesn't do anything" what exactly do you mean? That the menu doesn't show up?

Normally when a 3DS is bricked because of bad data on the NAND, you would use a ctrtransfer to unbrick it.
However, that might not work with a NAND that is from a different 3DS, because a ctrtransfer only changes the CTRNAND partition, but in your case the entire NAND might need to be reflashed.
If that is the case, then I don't think tools for that exist yet.
We can get all the keys now thanks to boot9strap, but new tools to take advantage of them haven't been made yet.
There exist some old tools by yellows8 that can use them, among them ctr-nandcrypt, which could possibly be useful, the only problem is, it's not very user friendly and I haven't been able to figure out how to use it, or any of the other 3DS crypto tools he made. And I have no idea if this tool is for a full NAND.bin backup, or just for the CTRNAND partition, if it's the latter it's not useful to you.

sebamendoza201x

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Cote d'Ivoire
Oh, well that should be fixable. When you say "godmode9 doesn't do anything" what exactly do you mean? That the menu doesn't show up?

Normally when a 3DS is bricked because of bad data on the NAND, you would use a ctrtransfer to unbrick it.
However, that might not work with a NAND that is from a different 3DS, because a ctrtransfer only changes the CTRNAND partition, but in your case the entire NAND might need to be reflashed.
If that is the case, then I don't think tools for that exist yet.
We can get all the keys now thanks to boot9strap, but new tools to take advantage of them haven't been made yet.
There exist some old tools by yellows8 that can use them, among them ctr-nandcrypt, which could possibly be useful, the only problem is, it's not very user friendly and I haven't been able to figure out how to use it, or any of the other 3DS crypto tools he made. And I have no idea if this tool is for a full NAND.bin backup, or just for the CTRNAND partition, if it's the latter it's not useful to you.
when i put restore to ctrnand its just get back on the menu, and safeb9s shows "no sighaxed firm found" what is fake because i put boot9strap.firm and .sha in the boot9strap folder

dpad_5678

Ape weak on own. Ape strong in unity.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You can always use EmuNAND, but then you'd have to use the ntrboot button combo + flashcart + magnet everytime you power off the console.

Callum1235

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Hi i blue screen bricked my 2ds trying to hardmod it but I did get a successful nand read so I have a copy of the nand along with b9s patched version is there any way of fixing this without hard mod like ntrboothax?
Thanks

Callum1235

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Sort of it didn't work when I tried reflashing the nand so I redid it and the got blue screen brick
Tried multiple times to flash got an io error

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/qv96JYhfAuA?si=_PN4PTWfj5BWI9wk