Capcom Coin-Op Classics Series 1 (Street Fighter)

WarMasterXX

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey there,
I bought Capcom Coin-Op Classics Series 1 so I could legally own the MAME ROM for Street Fighter II' Hyper Fighting. I got the disc and the ROM is indeed on there. The CD also includes World Warrior and Champion Edition (which is great because I was hoping to have all three versions despite only Hyper Fighting being advertised!). My next step was to update the ROMs so they can be used in modern versions of MAME as well as Final Burn Alpha. I was able to do it using clrMAMEpro and a few DATs.

There's just one problem though: I was talking about doing this on MAMEWorld a while back, and according to this post, there are extra pieces of data for the games called PALs and PROMs that weren't dumped at the time the Capcom CD was published (1999). I can get the updated ROMs to work in FBA Windows, but MAME and FinalBurn-X (the Mac version of FBA) won't accept them without the extra data.

The guys on MAMEWorld won't help me with any of this because they'd rather have me just download the ROMs off the Internet, which I refuse to do because I'm trying REALLY hard to be a legit gamer. The same thing happened on AssemblerGames. So that's why I came here. Do you guys have any way to help me with this predicament? Are the PALs and PROMs freeware by chance, or at least legally obtainable by simple means? Or am I doomed to have to use my Street Fighter ROMs with ancient versions of MAME?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://overclock3d.net/news/cases_cooling/cooler-master-had-multi-coloured-ai-cryofuze-5-thermal... +1