Doesn't afraid of anything
Will bite hand that feeds it

Dogs are:
Eat own poop
Eat other dogs poop
Jumps on you (bad)
Licks you (badder)

The only thing dogs are good at is being bad tbqh
That's why there are cat people and dog people. i've always been a cat person..
The only con or downside with cats is the "feed me now!" routine (specially with stray/ street cats).

Reactions: x65943

x65943

i can be your sega dreamcast or sega nightmarecast
OP
Supervisor
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That's why there are cat people and dog people. i've always been a cat person..
The only con or downside with cats is the "feed me now!" routine (specially with stray/ street cats).
Feed me now is a feature not a bug

Rolfie

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
i like both of them in different ways. i don't think being a "cat person" or "dog person" has to be so two-dimensional

x65943

OP
Supervisor
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i like both of them in different ways. i don't think being a "cat person" or "dog person" has to be so two-dimensional
Don't get me wrong there are some things I like about dogs too

Like leaving them outside in the winter with the screen door closed so they can see me warm and comfy inside with a cat on my lap

Or letting them watch as I give the cat a big pepperoni while they eat kibble

• Angry
Reactions: AncientBoi

Rolfie

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
Don't get me wrong there are some things I like about dogs too

Like leaving them outside in the winter with the screen door closed so they can see me warm and comfy inside with a cat on my lap

Or letting them watch as I give the cat a big pepperoni while they eat kibble
wow, such evil
maybe it's best that you don't like dogs after all... stay away from them lol

x65943

OP
Supervisor
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
wow, such evil
maybe it's best that you don't like dogs after all... stay away from them lol
What? No I do like dogs

One of my favorites is to make it look like I threw them a treat, but I put it back in my pocket instead - and watch them search for it with a puzzled look on their face

Dogs can provide almost limitless entertainment due to their below room temperature IQ

• Angry
Reactions: AncientBoi

Noctosphere

Nova's Guardian
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I love dogs. I would have one right now if I could.
Two majors problems with them though :
First, they are loud. Almost all landlord here have banned dogs in their appartment complex.
Second, they are very dependant of you. You just can't leave them alone for a long period. You would have to do lots of training if you want to, and even then, there are high chances it would fail.
You have to take them out when they need to poo/pee, which you can train them to do on a specific area in the house (plastic mat, litter, etc.). As for the food, you just cannot give a lot of food before leaving. All dogs, no matter the breed, no matter the gender, no matter how you raised thejm, they are ALL glutton. If you give them lots of food, trust me, there won't be enough. You can buy a food dispenser, but :
No matter the training you give your dog, if you leave them alone for a long period, call all those training "useless". The stress of not having anyone around will make them panic. They may shit anywhere, they might start eating anything, including your furniture.

Cats, on the other hand, are much more independant by nature. No matter the breed of the cat, they are more independant than dogs. They are quiet. They burry their "waste" by instinct. Most of them will eat only when they are hungry (not glutton in most case).

Also wanted to say, those who say "dogs are more intelligent than cats. Have you ever seen a cat working with cops? A cat trying to find drugs?" Well, the reason has nothing to do with their intelligence. First of all, notice that for most of these jobs, there are specific breeds for them. In most case, cops and border security will work with German Sheperd for their sense of smell. In most case, Labradors will work with blind people due to their intelligence (that is a fact though, this "family of breed" (which include labrador, golden retriever, newfoundland dog) is more intelligent than most other dog breed.)
Dalmatian were working with firefighters a while ago, never knew why actually (Searched online, apparently, it was due to their great speed)

You can also teach stuff to cats. The reason why it may be harder in some case, is that you must find a way to bring you cat to love learning something. If you start teaching to your own 10 years old kid about laws and how to become a good lawyer, but your kid just doesn't care about that, do you think he will learn anything, that what you tell him will stick in his head? It's the exact same thing with a cat.
The difference with dogs, is that they like to learn pretty much anything you are willing to teach them. As long as they are with you, they will be happy.
If you find a way to bring you cat to like to learn something, to make them more receptive to this, they will learn much more easily. When you see videos online of cats doing tricks and you are "oMg thIS cAT iS UNiqUe, I wISh I haD onE lIKe tHAt!1!111!!11!". It is not unique. All cat have the ability to learn, just like all humans have the ability to learn. You just have to find the right way to teach them :)

x65943

OP
Supervisor
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
We always left out full bowls of food for our dogs and they never got fat, ditto for the cats

BUT! The pets weren't fixed - and that's probably the whole thing in a nutshell

Pets without their nads tend to have low energy and want to eat all day

SeventhSon7

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Cats are:
More cuter
Less dumber
More fluffier
More meat lovinger
Betterer at killing mices
Doesn't afraid of anything
Will bite hand that feeds it

Dogs are:
Eat own poop
Eat other dogs poop
Jumps on you (bad)
Licks you (badder)

The only thing dogs are good at is being bad tbqh
T. gondii hands typed this post.

Jerfer

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i have two dogs ) and 1 cat, so i dont agree with you^) I recently got dogs, this is probably the best decision for this year. I worry about him and found apoquel for dogs. In order not to have health problems, because allergies in dogs are unfortunately very common :(

Last edited by Jerfer,

x65943

OP
Supervisor
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i have two dogs ) and 1 cat, so i dont agree with you^)
What can I say, some people enjoy when dogs

Eat own poop
Eat other dogs poop
Jumps on you (bad)
Licks you (badder)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

eof

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: luke try not to say "for instance" or "etc." in a post challenge, level impossible