Hacking Official CBHC v1.6 - ColdBoot HaxChi CFW

Deathbot64

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Im about to sell my Wii U running CBHC and was wondering what would happen if I deleted my nnid from the Wii U, would this mess up CBHC?

crudelobster30

Trophies
XP
Country
Can anyone help me? i had a 32gb sd card all set up with cbhc installed and when it booted up and you could select what you wanted to do ie system menu, boot homebrew channel etc used to work. Ive since brought a bigger sd card and now when i try and boot the homebrew channel from the cbhc menu it gives me error -4? what does that mean? i made a copy of my old sd card and copied all the data to my new one so the new sd card has exactly the same files on as the old one?

Thanks for any help

Columbo2811

Trophies
XP
Country
Can anyone help me? i had a 32gb sd card all set up with cbhc installed and when it booted up and you could select what you wanted to do ie system menu, boot homebrew channel etc used to work. Ive since brought a bigger sd card and now when i try and boot the homebrew channel from the cbhc menu it gives me error -4? what does that mean? i made a copy of my old sd card and copied all the data to my new one so the new sd card has exactly the same files on as the old one?

Thanks for any help
The new bigger card needs to be formatted to fat32. Use this if you've not already formatted to fat32 http://www.ridgecrop.demon.co.uk/index.htm?guiformat.htm

DbGt

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Mexico
I have always used Loadiine, today i installed haxchi and CBHC without problems, I also installed the homebrew launcher channel, and if I try to open loadiine it only takes me back to the homebrew launcher menu, why is this happening?

D34DL1N3R

Nephilim
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I used to run rednand without haxchi or coldboot haxchi. Today I decided to install both of those, but get rid of rednand. So far, so good with no bricking... but now when I try to launch a game on my USB drive it says "This software cannot be used. The Nintendo Network ID used to purchase the software has been deleted."

I assume it's because the tickets only exist in rednand where they were originally installed, and since I no longer have rednand... the games aren't working? I do however... have a backup of the SD card with fw.img on it if that will help me to fix this.

Halp!!! LOL!

LuigiXL

Trophies
XP
Country
I am experiencing console freezing somewhat often, can I try using rednand or Mocha or a fw.img with CBHC to see if it will help eliminate the problem?

Last edited by LuigiXL,

D34DL1N3R

Nephilim
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Correct!
Simply backup your saves with ftpiiu everywhere (just in case) and reinstall them (there's no ticket manager yet)

Thanks! Rather than starting from scratch and dumping discs... is it possible to extract the contents of my rednand fw.img and inject/install the games into my sysnand that way?

Edit: Nevermind. I've had a few brews. :P Only the tickets are installed in the fw.img, not the actual games, lol. And like you said - there is no ticket manager. So I can either redump everything or go back to using rednand with my original fw.img.

Last edited by D34DL1N3R,

marduk666

THE INFINITE NOOB
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
OK I want to upgrade to cbhc but I need a couple of clarifications .

I have only one ds game, one of the kirby games, I bought on e shop and installed haxchi months ago, so.....
1. Do I install cbhc over my haxchi install?
2. Will I still have haxchi icon on my menu?
3. If I push haxchi icon will that still take me to hombrew loader, or do I need to install homebrew channel?

Ryccardo

Penguin accelerator
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
1. Do I install cbhc over my haxchi install?
Yes! (It's recommended to unplug usb before using the haxchi or cbhc installers)
When in the future you'll want to update CBHC, download and run again the CBHC installer. Don't install Haxchi over CBHC.

2. Will I still have haxchi icon on my menu?
If you have the theming folder in your SD (ie downloaded the installer from github) it will be changed to "DO NOT TOUCH", if you got the installer from the appstore the icon won't change; in either case Haxchi itself will be removed

3. If I push haxchi icon will that still take me to hombrew loader, or do I need to install homebrew channel?
Running "DO NOT TOUCH" results in a soft reset, so like on cold boot you'll be able to select WiiU menu, WiiU HBL, Wii menu, Wii HBC.
It is possible to boot WiiU menu (to start the minicfw) then use DO NOT TOUCH or browserhax to run the HBL with signature patches enabled; however, the HBL channel (despite a few homebrews having been incompatible) is a lot more convenient (for example, opens and closes just like official software, wupinstaller y-mod doesn't need to reload between multiple apps to install, ...)

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
so I can install this if I have haxchi working correctly? also, can I install my own config.txt to boot mocha by default? thanks

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Giganutz