CD PROJEKT RED announces development of new 'The Witcher' game using Unreal Engine 5

the witcher.png

CD PROJEKT RED has announced today that a new installment in The Witcher video game series is in the works. Instead of their their proprietary REDengine, this time the developers are opting for Unreal Engine 5 as the game engine as part of a new multi-year strategic partnership with Epic Games.

Not much was revealed for the announcement other than the teaser image featured above along with the tag line "A New Saga Begins".

This partnership raised some eyebrows regarding whether the title will be exclusive to the Epic Games Store. Responding to such a query on Twitter, the official The Witcher game account clarified that they are "not planning on making the game exclusive to one storefront".

:arrow: SOURCE

1c4rus

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
it also means it's more likely to look ugly and have god rays and path tracing splashed everywhere with no real thought or artistic intent behind the visuals.
Hate on Epic to death isn't new but nitpicking on one of the best engine out there just because it's from Epic is another level of shitshow now. Devs can use any post fx's as they please and even tailor the engine from source code to their needs.

leon315

POWERLIFTER
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Now I noticed it will be using "Unreal Engine 5", but NOT their owned Red Engine, guess is it too much of costs to keep supporting the last? so just use the UE5?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I went to a garage sell last saturday, and the lady had a PS2 for sale, but she had a sign on it that said "Nintendo -$50", had to laugh, almost bought but she didn't know if worked, and she didn't have controller or cables, so I passed.
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    So are you playing Mario on your Xbox online on that PlayStation Network?
    +2
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @Psionic Roshambo, on that android PC?
    +2
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I'd consider Chromebooks an Android PC.
    +2
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Damn, new Doctor Who is on tomorrow... Hopefully this season is better than the last.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa, never watched doctor who
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    well guys, i went to the library today
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    What did you learn?
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    since my sister said manga was a good gateway into anime, i decided to get a manga, i was going to get one punch man, but volume 1 wasn't there
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    Well, what about Dr. What? Don't leave him out. @BigOnYa
    +2
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    and so i got mashle instead, which is actually quite good
  • O @ OhHiNick:
    GUYS YOU CAN LAUNCH HEALTH AND SAFETY INFO IN AROMA NOW
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BakerMan,i only watched anime
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    for anyone wondering what that is, basically, it's about the one person in the world without magic, instead he's just dummy strong
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Dr. What and Dr. Where got lost together somewhere in time, Dr. When is looking for them
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    What about Dr. How?
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    OR DR. WHY?
  • O @ OhHiNick:
    @Xdqwerty sorry i get excited when i get to see what type of laser the wii u uses
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    They ALL went to Nurse Why's house
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    fun fact: SCPs started from some Dr. Who fanfic or smth on 4chan
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Dr How and Why, will be in the prequel
    +2
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BakerMan, or dr when
  • O @ OhHiNick:
    dr what
    +1