Hacking CFG USB Loader help

darkdenizen

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm using a WD Passport that has been working for months but all of a sudden crapped out when I did the system update for SMG 2(bought the game). Was softmodding a friends wii and used my HDD to test it and it read it perfectly. So the HDD isn't the problem. But on my wii it counts down to 30 and says "ERROR! (ret = -6)" And to use the right USB port which I know i'm doing. I have no idea whats wrong.

EDIT: I also tried using the other Wii's SD card and that didn't work, just checking if I had a wrong version. I guess there is something wrong with my IOS's but I don't know how to proceed.

pepxl

GFX W!Z4RD
Trophies
XP
Country
you stubbed you cIOS's when you done the update, remove those stubs and reinstall the cIOS's

ether2802

we have the techno...!!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Did you execute the SMG2 update only on your Wii or in both, cause that might be the problem, it probably deleted or stubed your IOSes 254-250-249-etc...!!

darkdenizen

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I only did the SMG2 update on my Wii. And pepxl I used Multi-Mod Manager and used the remove all stubs option then opened CFG and it does the same thing.

EDIT: I went to DOP MII and manually uninstalled all stubs and now it works, thanks everyone for the help!

darkdenizen

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think it more or less went without saying that I reinstalled the cIOSs you know. I said I received the same error, not "249 is not installed".

pepxl

GFX W!Z4RD
Trophies
XP
Country
darkdenizen said:
I think it more or less went without saying that I reinstalled the cIOSs you know. I said I received the same error, not "249 is not installed".

you obviously didn't reinstall 249 or it woudnt of produced that error, use the proper cIOS installer as MMM doesnt install a cIOS it removes the stubbed 222,223,249 and 250 IOS

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Giganutz