Tutorial Chaldron's MAC Cycler for Windows

Which version do you use?

• Total voters

Max89

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Help! im'tring to do this method but after i run the software mc cycle it say that it cant start the network infact after i run this software my wi-fi connection turn off!

Max89

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
everytime i run the software the wi-fi is deactivated and reactivated continuously
and it said impossible to run the hosted network and the next mac has been swapped in...
is it normal?

Max89

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
and if i don't use the software but only the hosted network i can find people in streetpass... how is that possible? and how can i turn all back to normality?

darren42

Trophies
XP
Country
Yes if you connect to the internet on the same wifi adaptor that you use to create the wireless hotspot your wi-fi will be deactivated and reactivated everytime you swap mac addresses.

Max89

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
is it normal every second ?
"and if i don't use the software but only the hosted network i can find people in streetpass... how is that possible? and how can i turn all back to normality?"

darren42

Trophies
XP
Country
It should only deactivate and reactivate when you change the mac address, not every second.

The batch commands that the program uses are the same as the ones you would manually enter to swap mac addresses so there shouldn't be any difference. Make sure that your physical wireless adaptor is named "Wi-Fi" and that macshift is in the same directory as the program.

This program does not setup the wireless hotspot for you, that is done before you start it.

Max89

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
i think the hotspot is ok. i can see nintendo zone from 3ds but i'm not able to connect to it.
my physical wireless adaptor was already named "Wi-Fi"
i can streetpass but i don't know why... infact the software doesn't seem to work..
when i close it and i reactivate the wi-fi witout the hosted connection i find people on 3ds..

"macshift is in the same directory as the program"
can you explain further

Max89

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
i've edited previous message.
no but it deactivate and reactivate(and change mac address) the wi-fi every second..and once i run the software the hosted connection dissappear

darren42

Trophies
XP
Country
The macshift program needs to be in the exact same folder as the mac cycler program, it can't be in a sub folder or in a completely different directory.

Try running the debug version of the program to see if you spot any errors. The clear screen command in the normal version of the program would probably erase any error message from the commmand prompt window before you see them.

Max89

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
yes.
now i've tried the other version(mac cycle 1.20) and only now wi.fi connection is stable for all the second i put in the software.
i think i don't have any problem now(with the other version)
it switch correctly all the 160 mac address.

1 can i create now a mac addres where i can call my friends?
2 when i'm not online they can streetpass me from that address?
3 how can i erase the hostednetwork to turn all back to normality? i wouldnt have security problem...
4 is it normal that from 3ds i can't have acces to nintendo zone?

darren42

Trophies
XP
Country
1 can i create now a mac addres where i can call my friends?

I don't know about this but I see no reason why it won't work. Your friends would also have to cycle through the same mac address.

2 when i'm not online they can streetpass me from that address?

I am not sure how nintendo stores the streetpass data for the relay feature. You can experiment around with it to see if it works the way you want.

The streetpass data stored is always the last person to cycle through the mac address. So if two or more of your friends cycle through the mac address probably only the first one would get your streetpass data, the others will get someone elses. There is also the cool down time where you can only get a streetpass hit from the mac address once every 8hrs.

3 how can i erase the hostednetwork to turn all back to normality? i wouldnt have security problem...

After you have finished cycling through the mac address list just use the following command to turn off the virtual hotspot connection

Code:
netsh wlan stop hostednetwork

4 is it normal that from 3ds i can't have acces to nintendo zone?

Yes this is normal because access to nintendo zone requires an unsecured network. It is a requirement to have WPA2 encryption when you create a wireless hotspot in windows.

darren42

Trophies
XP
Country

Max89

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
but then i should connect to every mac address only some second?
why should i stay connected 15 min and not only 30sec?

i've also find a mii twice in an hour. is that normal? when i met him in the plaza infact it count twice

darren42

Trophies
XP
Country
but then i should connect to every mac address only some second?
why should i stay connected 15 min and not only 30sec?

i've also find a mii twice in an hour. is that normal? when i met him in the plaza infact it count twice

The minimum time, which is different for everyone, to stay connected to each mac address is determined by how long on average it takes for your 3DS to reconnect to the hotspot and download the streetpass data after each mac address change, plus a bit of a buffer. You don't have to wait for 15mins, you can wait for any amount of time you wish between switching mac addresses. Setting a low time between cycling mac addresses may increase the chances of streetpassing the same person more than once.

The reason why you streetpassed the same mii twice in one hour is because it just so happened that they were the last person to use two of the mac addresses that you cycled though.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Lol rappers still promoting crypto