Hacking Changing from 4.3E to 4.3U - Possible?

kkthxbye

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I speedrun games, and I live in Europe. Sadly most PAL versions of games run slower than NTSC versions due to different HZ. I got SM64 NTSC working, using Priiloaders "Region Free Everything" option, but most other games either don't work or run slowly. An example is Ocarina of Time, which runs at a very low FPS, the sounds is choppy etc. Majora's mask won't run at all, same for Zelda LttP and SMW.

I figure it is because the system is 4.3E. So to my question:
Is it possible to switch from 4.3E to 4.3U? I have been looking at Anyregion Changer, but the information out there is lacking, and it seems that it doesn't work properly on newer Wii versions. Anyone have some advice, or other methods than Anyregion.

Thanks a lot, cheers
smile.gif

G0dLiKe

who needs a title ;)
Trophies
Website
db.tt
XP
Country
United States
Well, I use Priiloader´s Regionfree everything and AnyRegionChanger to output foreign region games in their region(like NTSCU/J wads in NTSC).

Use ARC´s option to output the video in NTSC, make sure your TV can display it.

Works like it should but be careful with ARC bc it could mess up your Wii.

You also could use freethewads to regionfree your wad files.

G0dLiKe

who needs a title ;)
Trophies
Website
db.tt
XP
Country
United States
In fact it is possible to change your Wii´s region, I did it with a PAL Wii I regionchanged it to JPN.

But this Wii was on 3.2E and all I had to do was grab a 3.2JPN SM wad and let ARC do the work
smile.gif

Anyway, as OP said he is on 4.3E and ARC doesnt support 4.3 SM in this case...

Other than that maybe there is a way to do that with ModMii or so.

kkthxbye

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
G0dLiKe - But would it work using Anyregion Changer to change the video output to NTSC? I have checked and my TV supports 480i 60 hz. If so, any advice of how you do it, I don't really feel like poking around until I'm sure of what to do.

G0dLiKe

who needs a title ;)
Trophies
Website
db.tt
XP
Country
United States
kkthxbye said:
G0dLiKe - But would it work using Anyregion Changer to change the video output to NTSC? I have checked and my TV supports 480i 60 hz. If so, any advice of how you do it, I don't really feel like poking around until I'm sure of what to do.

Sure, just set the game region to ntsc and the video output to ntsc.

kkthxbye

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
G0dLiKe - Sound good, one last question. Is it reasonably safe, even on 4.3? I know there are risks, but I would just like to be sure that I'm not shooting myself in the foot.

And also, thank you for all your help so far
smile.gif

G0dLiKe

who needs a title ;)
Trophies
Website
db.tt
XP
Country
United States
kkthxbye said:
G0dLiKe - Sound good, one last question. Is it reasonably safe, even on 4.3? I know there are risks, but I would just like to be sure that I'm not shooting myself in the foot.

And also, thank you for all your help so far
smile.gif

I did that on 4.3, no problems so far
smile.gif

tueidj

I R Expert
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
If you want PAL games to run at 60Hz, all you have to do is change the video mode to 480i/p in the system settings. It's mandatory for PAL games to support it.

mauifrog

DA KINE WiiHacker
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
You don't need to change the region of the wii to play out of region games. Backup loaders and priiloader hacks will do this for you.

As for region changing, you can change to region of any wii to any region you like. If you wanted to do this I would suggest following my softmod guide with the optional region change,. But changing the region is not required to play games. Region changing is more appropriate when you can't read the wiis language or your tv does not support the wiis output signal.

You could also change your region with this guide
http://www.google.com/search?sourceid=chro...=p&pdl=3000
Just remember that this guide will install 4.1, so will also want to install functional versions of ios70 and ios80 to avoid an update brick.

JoostinOnline

Certified Crash Test Dummy
Trophies
Website
www.hacksden.com
XP
Country
United States
6Toushiro9 said:
It is not possible to change between your Wii's region becuase the region is inbuilt in the Wii
biggrin.gif

EDIT: 300 POSTS!
ohmy.gif
People have already pointed out that you can change the region, but just to be clear, it isn't built in. As far as hardware goes, NTSC-U, NTSC-J, and PAL Wii's are exactly the same. Korean Wii's have an extra key in the serial EEPROM (or something like that, the finer details are over my head) that IOS70 and IOS80 checked for which is why using IOS70 or IOS80 will brick a region changed Korean Wii. This can be worked around by patching IOS60 to install in slot 70/80.

tueidj

I R Expert
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
JoostinOnline said:
Korean Wii's have an extra key in the serial EEPROM (or something like that, the finer details are over my head) that IOS70 and IOS80 checked for which is why using IOS70 or IOS80 will brick a region changed Korean Wii. This can be worked around by patching IOS60 to install in slot 70/80.
Technically they're still the same hardware, the key can be added or removed from the SEEPROM.

JoostinOnline

Certified Crash Test Dummy
Trophies
Website
www.hacksden.com
XP
Country
United States
tueidj said:
JoostinOnline said:
Korean Wii's have an extra key in the serial EEPROM (or something like that, the finer details are over my head) that IOS70 and IOS80 checked for which is why using IOS70 or IOS80 will brick a region changed Korean Wii. This can be worked around by patching IOS60 to install in slot 70/80.
Technically they're still the same hardware, the key can be added or removed from the SEEPROM.
Thanks, I wasn't aware that was possible, so I counted it as a change in hardware. Like I said, the details are over my head.

mauifrog

DA KINE WiiHacker
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
FYI you can region change USA/EURO/JAP to Korean without the Korean key in seeprom. You then need to either patch your ios with the Korean key or remove the Korean Key from korean games to load them.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @AncientBoi, Dont forget your meds. +1