Votes: 3 9.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

mattyxarope

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't know what it is but I can't seem to get a decent stream with no audio distortion.

I'm using 5ghz, overclocked title redirection, and I'm close to the router with the ps4 connected via Ethernet. I've even tried dropping the resolution and it doesn't help. So even at 540p 30fps I still get crackling.

D

Deleted User

How do you exit a game from the PS4 on Switch?

The same type of button on Switch exits Chiaki.

Last edited by ,
D

Deleted User

Maybe a stupid question but is it possible to use an app like this anywhere or does it only work if you're on the same network as the PS4?

chaos_jockey

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Maybe a stupid question but is it possible to use an app like this anywhere or does it only work if you're on the same network as the PS4?

Not a stupid question. On android or ios (idk if it's on ios) the ps remote play app requires a wifi connection and if playing over the internet you'll need a relatively fast connection on both ends. I'm assuming the dev either toggles the wifi flag or isn't even a consideration when hooking into the api for the homebrew.

While it's recommended to be using your best connection, and the faster the better, playing off a mobile hotspot may not be the best idea if you were thinking about that.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

I don't know what it is but I can't seem to get a decent stream with no audio distortion.

I'm using 5ghz, overclocked title redirection, and I'm close to the router with the ps4 connected via Ethernet. I've even tried dropping the resolution and it doesn't help. So even at 540p 30fps I still get crackling.

Have you tested for your optimal MTU and configured your switch? Probably not the issue but doesn't hurt to check.

leapingliger

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've yet to try this, but would this experience be equal to a PS Vita remote play? Or would it even surpass it since the Vita has no extra L2 / R2 buttons? Wanting to pick up a Vita but if the switch experience with remote play is good then there would be no point.

medwinxxx

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've yet to try this, but would this experience be equal to a PS Vita remote play? Or would it even surpass it since the Vita has no extra L2 / R2 buttons? Wanting to pick up a Vita but if the switch experience with remote play is good then there would be no point.
From my experience it is better than Ps Vita since you get extra large screen from switch and 720p too vs the vita lower res..Advantage of vita is you can connect directly to PS4. With chiaki you need to have a hotspot or wifi network.

Reactions: Rahkeesh

leapingliger

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
From my experience it is better than Ps Vita since you get extra large screen from switch and 720p too vs the vita lower res..Advantage of vita is you can connect directly to PS4. With chiaki you need to have a hotspot or wifi network.
So latency could be a potential issue with switch compared to the Vita? And just curious with your results with Chiaki but did you use it with Ethernet directly on PS4 or through wifi?

Thanks for the info!

Reactions: medwinxxx

medwinxxx

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So latency could be a potential issue with switch compared to the Vita? And just curious with your results with Chiaki but did you use it with Ethernet directly on PS4 or through wifi?

Thanks for the info!
Yes you can connect pS4 on Ethernet to maximize fps but I usually use my mobile phone as a hotspot using 5Ghz near my ps4 and then my switch connected too. I get a really good fps with lower latency.

Reactions: leapingliger

ratamahatta

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
I only noticed this damn year old thread tonight.
I've struggled with my laptop on remote play because of the requirement for a wired controller where my ps4 controllers have dodgy ports, but this app is a godsend.
Been testing NMS on a totally wireless connection (ps4 2.4ghz, switch 5ghz) with only minimal lag, entirely playable. This is amazing.

I probably won't be playing something like doom, rocket league or mortal kombat but this is gonna lead to sooo much more gaming while the TV is claimed.

Thanks so much!

Attachments

• IMG_20210704_010654.jpg
    IMG_20210704_010654.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 163

Bu2d85

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I only noticed this damn year old thread tonight.
I've struggled with my laptop on remote play because of the requirement for a wired controller where my ps4 controllers have dodgy ports, but this app is a godsend.
Been testing NMS on a totally wireless connection (ps4 2.4ghz, switch 5ghz) with only minimal lag, entirely playable. This is amazing.

I probably won't be playing something like doom, rocket league or mortal kombat but this is gonna lead to sooo much more gaming while the TV is claimed.

Thanks so much!
If you wire your PS4 the experience will be way better. I only use the PS4 for remote play so it’s in garage with the rest of my server equipment but I can play from almost any tv or device in the house.

Reactions: ratamahatta

leapingliger

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

LordMarMer

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Please help. I'm running SXOS 3.1.0 (latest) on my unpatched Switch (firmware 10.2.0) but Chiaki doesn't work.
I placed the nro file of chiaki in the switch folder where all the other nro files are (sdmc:/switch/ )
I can open Chiaki but I can't fill in the PSN account ID. When I click on it nothing happens.

leapingliger

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Please help. I'm running SXOS 3.1.0 (latest) on my unpatched Switch (firmware 10.2.0) but Chiaki doesn't work.
I placed the nro file of chiaki in the switch folder where all the other nro files are (sdmc:/switch/ )
I can open Chiaki but I can't fill in the PSN account ID. When I click on it nothing happens.
Edit the config file through your PC not the Chiaki app.

LordMarMer

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Edit the config file through your PC not the Chiaki app.

I got it to work thank you.
But the keyboard didn't work.

But I found I fix. Listen up SXOS users. Just open the SXOS installer app and open the homebrew section. Open Chiaki through there and everything works, even the keyboard!

Reactions: clgrover

justincase

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This is amazing! However, is there yet a way to use the touch button when docked? Unable to play Deus Ex MD while docked without it.

I tried using an official PS4 controller via MissionControl but the touch button is mapped to the Switch controller's screenshot button :(

Last edited by justincase,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    NinStar @ NinStar: unless nintendo is going to start selling consoles at a loss that thing won't be cheap based on...