Gaming Chromebook SNES Emu /w controller configurable controls?

jt_1258

Ella
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm just simply looking for a SNES emulator for Chromebook that I can reconfigure the controls to a controller for. The emus I have found either have no controller support, have support but you can't reconfigure the controls which doesn't auto bind that well with a joy con, or are a scam.
Edit: No, I didn't buy a CrapbookChromebook. It's from my school. I'm just looking for a way to pass the time since standardized testing is coming up and as a senior, we have no testing to do so were just shuffled into the auditorium during the tests.

Solution
Well, it seems from the responses that there isn't an application that exists that is like what I was looking for.

As for the phone idea, I do have a tablet and I can use my joycons on it but that's somewhat a pain since it's a school auditorium and there are no tables. I'm just going to close this since there doesn't seem to be any options.

Taffy

jdfiehgvrhfvhfjkvgrjhfejvgrjkbjvr
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I was like you once.
Um...if anything you should just set homebrew up on a 3DS. SNES9x runs pretty well and I was using that for the past year or two before I ended up breaking something (my fault).

The default buttons are really not too bad once you learn how to actually place your hands on the keyboard. It's not some kind of weird alien thing.

Assuming the ABXY buttons are azsx (or same general location), middle finger on a and index on z.

Taffy

jdfiehgvrhfvhfjkvgrjhfejvgrjkbjvr
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've never had to deal with a tiny screen since I've had a New XL for a while.
If you have a phone, just get an emulator on that. If you're allowed to have it out, at least.

If the district has disabled apps on everything, then I don't see any solutions to the issue. Maybe just watch a TAS on youtube or something?

jt_1258

Ella
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well, it seems from the responses that there isn't an application that exists that is like what I was looking for.

As for the phone idea, I do have a tablet and I can use my joycons on it but that's somewhat a pain since it's a school auditorium and there are no tables. I'm just going to close this since there doesn't seem to be any options.

Solution

ry755

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You said the school disables Android apps? What if you sign into a personal Google account instead of the school-provided one? At least that's what I do when I'm at school.

austin5623

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I remember seeing something, using some old online emulator, that can run NES, SNES, Genesis, Game Boy (and Color), GBA, and maybe something else. I have it bookmarked on my school Chromebook that I don't have with me, I would try to link my school account to Chrome and look for it there, but Chrome is saying it would give the administrator of that account complete access to my history and stuff like that so lol nope

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/LZ_NvaV5HGE?si=p4H94YGObqOeX23X this brought me joy +2