Hacking cIOS 20 Eastern Egg trigger revealed ?

jurai

Trophies
XP
Country
its not a USB loader, it just lets you boot gc games at wii clock speeds. It could be a step towards an eventual usb loader though if full access to wii hardware stays alive while playing the gc game

waninkoko

Trophies
XP
Country
This is just a little unuseful feature I added for fun! Many games won't work. Many games will just work as normal. Some will run faster. Also, this is unstable.

GC games are still launched in "GC mode". This won't help for USB loading at all.

THIS IS JUST GC MODE RUNNING "FASTER".

twig123

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
waninkoko said:
GC games are still launched in "GC mode"
Dang, I really need to invest in a GC Controller... (Unless someone wants to donate me one
wink.gif
)

otto888

I break things for a living.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks for the info waninkoko. Now stop talking about GC USB loaders. It'll happen when it happens. >.>

VashTS

Beat it, son
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
How come this doesnt take a step towards usb loading? If you have access to usb when mios is launched in theory cant you add a dip to mios and change the read commands from dvd into usb read commands? It probably is complicated but i guess ill take the experts word for it that it doesnt help with usb loading gc games

waninkoko

Trophies
XP
Country
VashTS said:
How come this doesnt take a step towards usb loading? If you have access to usb when mios is launched in theory cant you add a dip to mios and change the read commands from dvd into usb read commands? It probably is complicated but i guess ill take the experts word for it that it doesnt help with usb loading gc games

And again...

This IS GC MODE but the processor is running faster (at the speed that it usually runs at Wii mode). This doesn't mean ANYTHING. No USB access, no IOS (no, cIOS is not running in GC MODE)...

When you press 6 times the EJECT button, the cIOS starts a 10 second timer and when the timer is over it launches MIOS.
When you insert a GC disc in the disc channel and you press START, the system menu tells IOS to launch MIOS and IOS launches MIOS.

Difference? None, just the way to trigger MIOS launching.

D

Deleted member 180466

waninkoko said:
VashTS said:

And again...

This IS GC MODE but the processor is running faster (at the speed that it usually runs at Wii mode). This doesn't mean ANYTHING. No USB access, no IOS (no, cIOS is not running in GC MODE)...

When you press 6 times the EJECT button, the cIOS starts a 10 second timer and when the timer is over it launches MIOS.
When you insert a GC disc in the disc channel and you press START, the system menu tells IOS to launch MIOS and IOS launches MIOS.

Difference? None, just the way to trigger MIOS launching.

So we have to use your cMIOS for do this?

WiiUBricker

News Police
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
broksonic said:
Will i be able to use the wii classic controler to play gc games and also safe the games on SD card ?
Hell no, if you want to play gc games with Classic Controller, you have to edit the iso and do some coding. But you cant do that, unless you are the developer of the game and have the source code of your game.

broksonic

Trophies
XP
Country
WiiBricker said:
broksonic said:
Will i be able to use the wii classic controler to play gc games and also safe the games on SD card ?
Hell no, if you want to play gc games with Classic Controller, you have to edit the iso and do some coding. But you cant do that, unless you are the developer of the game and have the source code of your game.

oh well i was just hoping. Because no shops in the uk sell a GC controller or GC memory card.

waninkoko

Trophies
XP
Country
WiiBricker said:
I thought you can only run GC games with Wii speed by doing some stuff to BC just as crediar did a couple of years ago.

crediar used the same method I used for the easter egg, launching MIOS directly without using BC.

cMIOS is not needed at all (only if you want to run backups without modchip). I repeat, the easter egg launches MIOS directly without using BC, so the cpu clocks are not changed (== GC mode runs at the speed of Wii mode). No USB access, no new features, no Wiimote support... it's just the GC mode running faster, JUST THAT.

HiroshiYamauchi

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
waninkoko said:
WiiBricker said:
I thought you can only run GC games with Wii speed by doing some stuff to BC just as crediar did a couple of years ago.

crediar used the same method I used for the easter egg, launching MIOS directly without using BC.

cMIOS is not needed at all (only if you want to run backups without modchip). I repeat, the easter egg launches MIOS directly without using BC, so the cpu clocks are not changed (== GC mode runs at the speed of Wii mode). No USB access, no new features, no Wiimote support... it's just the GC mode running faster, JUST THAT.

Would you mind telling us the games you experienced speed changes?

D

Deleted member 180466

waninkoko said:
WiiBricker said:

Thank you very much!
yaywii.gif
I hope not now that more people will say: IT'S A GC USB-LOADER!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: don't mind me, just liking all of SDIO's posts, they deserve it for...