assassda

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
the game has USB devices protected so they dont work on backups without a IOS249

there is a cIOS37 patch that does this but this cIOS37 has a lot of compatibility issues

is there a way to patch the latest IOS36 or IOS38 to support USB instruments?

or any other method of using USB instruments?

MikeyTaylorGaming

YouTube Glitcher
Trophies
Website
youtube.com
XP
Country
United Kingdom
there is already one lying around somewhere that adds IOS248 (i think, its definately a different cios to 249) and a modified gamma launcher that loads from the HBC made to load from that cIOS rather than 249.

its modified so it can detect the USB instruments.

unfortunately i dont know where to find it now, but the user 'mrkinator' here on gbatemp has it in his signature with tutorials on how to do it (he used to anyways)

Raziel5000

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
speaking of RB2 is there a way to get the DLC to work on a SDHC card? i guess i can get a 2gb card just for DLC but was just trying to keep everything together on an 8gb.

eric_4_life

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Here's what you need to know:

Using a backup launcher to run Rock band 2 may allow you play with USB instruments, BUT, the game doesn't move songs to the SD card, and instead, merely copies them, leaving you with the songs on you NAND as well.

To fix this, run CIOSCORP installer, which can be found in MiiWii or Softmii and will let you play any backup from the Disc Channel, so it's also more convenient. However, you will need to combine this to a preloader hack or starfall to skip the update check if you want to play any game, so you might as well install the whole MiiWii or Softmii pack.

As for SDHC, it is only compatible with the system menu, and a lot of homebrew, but not with games released prior to the 4.0 update.

assassda

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
can i patch the cIOS37 from CIOSCORP to work with instruments? because something about the cios37 multi installer version crashes my games

related question: how can i edit one file in the NAND on the wii? (such as title/00000001/000000f9/0000000e.app) ftpii doesnt allow me to edit NAND only download from it

assassda

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Fat Slaughter Bad said:
Use the multi cIOS installer. I installed it as IOS249 (don't remember the process involved, know it was using IOS37 though), and everything seems to work perfectly.
No trouble with WAD installations, or anything else.
ive done this but id like to only install the usb drivers because the rest is making certain songs crash the game where cIOS36/38 does not

how can i take cios37 from CIOSCORP and install it as IOS249?

pelago

Trophies
XP
Country
mikeyt1998 said:
doesnt 4.0 update have SDHC support?

or is that just for specific things like the SD VC launching?
The 4.0 SDHC update only affects the Wii Menu and doesn't update games which load stuff from SD card, unfortunately.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: I played the intro to far cry 5, that is like some crazy Jim Jones cult shit. Still its petty...