Hacking cIOSCORP GC Backup Issues

Megacherv

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I'm having major trouble running GC backups using cIOSCORP (pre-DARKCORP) on mini DVDs. I have had no trouble running GC games on normal DVDs (Sonic Adventure 1+2, and Twilight Princess). I've tried 3 games so far, all burned at 3.0x speed and all on the same disc types. Images are NTSC format and my Wii is PAL, but I have an NTSC backup on a normal DVD and that works just fine. Here are my problems:-

-MegaMan Network Transmission - jumps on the opening cinematic (after selecting New Game) multiple times, then disc-read error. Disc is a bit scratched but only as bad as some of my normal-sized ones
-Tony Hawk's American Wasteland - After Activision and Neversoft videos (skipped both of them) the main loading screen comes up, then disc-read error. Disc is in perfect condition
-The Legend of Zelda: Wind Waker - Disc-read error straightaway. Disc is in perfect condition, only one with 'buffer underrun protection' disabled.

EDIT: Upgraded to DARKCORP, using WiiGator's GC backup launcher v0.2, still getting errors. I was previously using something that added 'seamless' GC backup lanuching, so it launched games straight away. If anyone know how I can revert back to this, I'd be very grateful.

NEW ERROR, NOT TO DO WITH MINIDVDS
-Twilight Princess (GC version) - When returning to Ordon Village after the first time in the Twilight, disc-read error after talking to the squirrel.

I haven't updated to DARKCORP after only just hearing about it as I wrote this post, but I thought I'd post anyway if the problems are caused by something else. As I said, my burns on normal-sized DVDs are absolutely flawless.

toejam316

Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
Firstly, why are you using mini DVDs? Is it so you can use 'em on a Gamecube too?
Which leads to my second question - Have you tested them on a Gamecube known to read backups? It may well be the discs themselves (quality of the dye, etc.) that is causing them to be unreadable by the console.

Megacherv

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
The reason I'm using them on Mini DVDs is because that's all I have in the house. I don't know anyone who has a modded Gamecube, so I can't test them.

A new error has come up on one of my original burns, I shall add it to the first post

WiiPower

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
I guess you simply have bad burns. 3x burn speed? Buffer underrun protection? Which brand are the DVD-Rs?

Seriously, only feed games consoles with HIGH QUALITY media, or the laser will die!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/qv96JYhfAuA?si=_PN4PTWfj5BWI9wk