Hacking cIOSrev15 released and it's broken yay

TrapperKeeperX

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
NSMB Wii works on cIOSrev 15 on USBloader GX but the codes won't work.

Posts merged

NSMB Wii works with cIOSrev 15 on USBloader GX but the codes won't work.

jediyoshi

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
TrapperKeeperX said:
NSMB Wii works on cIOSrev 15 on USBloader GX but the codes won't work.

Posts merged

NSMB Wii works with cIOSrev 15 on USBloader GX but the codes won't work.

confirmed but, using a patched iso anyway, it evantually crashes randomly

WiiPower

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
tueidj said:
WiiPower said:
The bug i mean is the following:
If a loader writes the correct value to address 0x80003184, the 001 check fails.
By "correct value", do you mean 0x80000000?

Yes. The disc channel does it, so i'm absolutely sure it's the right thing to do for a loader.

Covarr

Sentient Cash Register
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ether2802 said:
brollyssj82000 said:
MPT has the same problems as before.

What do you mean..?? cause the issue was:

1st - the game reload the IOS if you choose a game from the menu, so we used the alt.dol method to boot into the metroid 1 and 2, but hence 3 is on the 2nd layer on the disc, no one could access the Metroid 3, and I'm happy using cIOS_r10, for me is the best...!!
biggrin.gif
So basically, the menu still doesn't work right, and accessing the MPT save from the Wii system menu will still mess up your save, and you still can't choose a difficulty. Fixing the dual layer issue is nice, but it's a far cry from saying that the game is completely fixed.

Covarr

Sentient Cash Register
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Guild McCommunist said:
Wait, so it does still work? Is this "bug" random or something affecting all games? I'm obviously not very bright so I can't wrap my head around much.
Metroid Prime Trilogy was subject to one bug that affected dual-layer games (MPT, Smash Bros Brawl, and maybe a few others), specifically it couldn't read anything on the second layer. This bug has been fixed.

Metroid, though, also had a number of other problems. The menu loads a different .dol for each game in the trilogy, and no USB loader can deal with this. The new revision of cIOS does not fix this.

dlf

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If the bug in Brawl was fixed, why after trying to play some of Sub-Space do I get a black screen and have to pull the plug on my wii?
unsure.gif
unsure.gif
and yes I am using rev 15 . . .
Covarr said:
Guild McCommunist said:
Wait, so it does still work? Is this "bug" random or something affecting all games? I'm obviously not very bright so I can't wrap my head around much.
Metroid Prime Trilogy was subject to one bug that affected dual-layer games (MPT, Smash Bros Brawl, and maybe a few others), specifically it couldn't read anything on the second layer. This bug has been fixed.

Metroid, though, also had a number of other problems. The menu loads a different .dol for each game in the trilogy, and no USB loader can deal with this. The new revision of cIOS does not fix this.

EeZeEpEe

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
AbraCadvr said:
EeZeEpEe said:
Can anyone confirm the 001 disc error with Neogamma and/or Softchip?

its already confirmed!

Woops. My bad. Just reread the thread and saw this:
QUOTE(brollyssj82000 @ Nov 13 2009, 07:18 PM)
I can confirm that it's broken.
I have tried NSMB from disc channel and from NeoGamma R8 beta8 runing from dvd. It gives a green screen then restart the wii.
MPT has the same problems as before. You cant select the games from the games menu. It does not work with usb loaders. It still has all the problems from before. I could make it work (from the disc channel) only with rev13a or rev13b and the dip plugin.
NFS-Nitro gives 001 error, X-men Origins Wolverine the same.
I dont see any game compatibility improvements.
In conclusion it is useless. Stick to rev13.

markedmanner

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think I will stick with cIOS rev14... especially since I have no problems with it and have yet to find a game I cant get to work on either Neogamma or Usb Loader GX.

s3phir0th115

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
misteromar said:
It has been down hill since cios rev 10, I still use it and its stable, works for every thing I use. If I do need something else, I use Hermes cios.

Yeah, I've been doing usb loading myself, and I use herme's cios now for the most part mostly due to things like this. At first it was just Brawl not working, but now it works but also messes up error 001 games.

You can't really win with it. If only he released the source code for it so WiiPower could fix it.

Narolez

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Thanks WiiPower! Keep up your good work and don’t be down in the mouth!

In my opinion it was intentional that the "error" was not fixed. He has the power as long as the source code is not published. He's God and he has the world at his feet - he believes. "Man proposes, God disposes."

I won't be a party to that.

It is always the same. Before the cIOS release, there is a huge show, and afterwards comes the disillusionment. It's very funny!

Thankfully we have Hermes and his cIOS 222/223 with Source!

Narolez

MaGnUmKiLLa

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have to say, this is very disheartening. It really sounds like the people working on this stuff are giving up on people that don't use a usb loader. I realize that was a natural evolutionary step but, they can't expect us all to use it. I'd say there's still a significant percentage of people that, like me, are softmodded and use discs. Now, I don't know these people but, I can't help but think that if we didn't have so many people working on so many different things we wouldn't have these problems. Is it really necessary to have like so many people working on so many cios's and so many different backup launchers? All this does is complicate the hell out of an already way too complicated process. I realize you're already being user friendly by just making this stuff available to the public and, it's not like we have any say or we pay you or anything. I'm just saying, this is absolutely getting to the point where people that don't have a Master's degree from MIT can't keep up. Nintendo keeps pumping out games that all have different AP or compatibility issues and each and every game requires a different type of fix that's getting almost impossible to fix. NSMB still doesn't work on softmod without the usb does it? Something doesn't give soon, I'm gonna take my wii back to factory default. I'd rather pay for the games than put up with all this headache and trouble.

icebrg5

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Does hermes cios have the same problems with the error 001?

Someone said earlier his comes with the source.So if it does have the error in it like waninkokos why not fix hermes yourself and tell people to use that with neogamma instead of waninkokos.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Hawaii played it smart and said we're too hot for this land