Homebrew Official Citra - New 3DS Emulator

ElYubiYubi

GBATemp Maniac
Trophies
XP
Country
Puerto Rico
Hello,
I have installed Homebrew launcher on my 3DS, and it works fine, however I don't know which app/emulator should I use for .3ds files

Can someone recommend any?

Thank you

EDIT: I tried with cia and fbi files, but once I start FBI from homebrew launcher, I get a red screen. I probably need CFW, but if there's any easier way, let me know.
You dont need an emulator to run 3ds games on the 3ds.... The emulator is fo PC

perkel

Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Well our texture project is basically finished for MHXX, MH4U and MHGenerations
Always actual links to can be found on our discord, please take not those links below will get outdated sometime in future:

MHXX texture pack 7.10

01 - UI
02 - Villages
03 - Environments
04 - Monsters
05 - Armors
06 - Weapons

Please take no that pack is big, about 8GB and you should NOT use preload textures in Citra options. Our pack actually should look better than Switch version because switch version does not have improved textures for weapons and armor compared to 3ds (only environment, ui and monsters) while our have those upresed with AI scaling and frankly effects are amazing.

MH4U and MHGenerations downloads are on our discord mentioned above. I do not personally maintain their release thread so i don't want to post stuff as I idk if i would post right thing. Just hit #release for mh4u or mh gen

REQUIREMENTS
- Citra Canary at minimum 1451
- 1.4 patch with GU translation patch (crosshex), fan translation (it has japanese dialogs from GBAtemp) works but it will look a bit worse.
- we do not support other languages (non-english) versions as those have different file names for ui textures. Rest of textures are completely fine.

INSTRUCTION:

- Download pack you want, unpack it or all of them and put them into game custom textures folder in Citra.
- How to find that folder ? Click right mouse button on game in citra and select "Open Custom Texture Location" - Switch on in Citra Emulation>Configure>Graphics : Custom textures ON
- It is advised not to preload textures. Our pack is huge and could easily go beyond your system ram capabilities. It does increase load times a bit but it works without issue like that.
- Depending on speed of your hard drive Citra can hang a bit when you fire up game. It is normal as Citra tries to load into memory some of the textures.

Some shots from mhxx and mh4u:

XDzeqTR.png

citra-qt_2019-09-13_20-40-41.png

ezgif-4-8a0c6ff7d5d5.gif

KoolAidtheRED

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This is probably a stupid question but all I have seen is answers as to the current state and not if there was any intention of, so, does anyone know if the Citra developers have any intention to add plug-in functionality at any point down the line - or is this impossible or too troublesome to be worth it?

CommanderCool

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The emulator runs rather well. However, it is extremely frustrating that there is no support for spotpass data or emulated streetpass functionality. This makes games like Fire Emblem Awakening incomplete in their content. I'm hoping this gets some level of support in the future.

LostRabbit

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
oh, seriously? didnt know there was a limit. does anyone have more info about that?

performance is really great for me so far, even if theres strange things going on with sounds sometimes :P

Drflash55

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Came outta nowhere, but Citra now supports loading ".3GX" plugins that are on version 0.7.4+. No longer do you have to worry about your 3DS crashing for no apparent reason when you're doing important stuff (plus you can save/load states for easy memory checks).

All thanks to PabloMK7 for the implementation.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Lol rappers still promoting crypto