Homebrew Official Citra - New 3DS Emulator

Miguel Gomez

Trophies
XP
Country
really no one wow well if someone decides to be human pm the build with audio and new vertex shader thanks
*sigh
Go to Bahax PC Gaming's channel and click his latest Citra video. In the description, there's the download link of Citra with CRO and Audio which you can use it on citra.exe and not on citra-qt.exe.

===============================================================================================================

Booting some Pokemon games:

ATEMVEGETA

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
*sigh
Go to Bahax PC Gaming's channel and click his latest Citra video. In the description, there's the download link of Citra with CRO and Audio which you can use it on citra.exe and not on citra-qt.exe.

===============================================================================================================

Booting some Pokemon games:

For me when I try to open Pokemon Y, the emulator crashes. I delete the .ini file and the the rom opens but when it passes the title screen the emu crashes again. :/

Leo121

Trophies
XP
Country
Trinidad and Tobago
Does anybody know the difference between citra.exe and citra-qt.exe? The only one that launches and plays ROMs is citra-qt.exe. Citra.exe never seems to launch when I drag and drop a ROM on it.

Hydr8gon

Dragon Trainer
Developer
Trophies
Website
hydr8gon.github.io
XP
Country
Canada
Does anybody know the difference between citra.exe and citra-qt.exe? The only one that launches and plays ROMs is citra-qt.exe. Citra.exe never seems to launch when I drag and drop a ROM on it.
citra-qt.exe is the Qt UI, and citra.exe is the GLFW UI. The GLFW UI can be used from command prompt (Windows) or terminal (Linux/Mac) but it should also be able to drag and drop on Windows. If you're already using the Qt UI, chances are you don't need to use the GLFW UI, as both are equal in terms of compatability, speed, etc. For whatever reason your citra.exe isn't working, but even if it did work you probably won't find any reason to use it over the Qt UI. The Qt UI has more features and is more user-friendly than the GLFW UI.

Last edited by Hydr8gon,
Reactions: Leo121

Leo121

Trophies
XP
Country
Trinidad and Tobago
citra-qt.exe is the Qt UI, and citra.exe is the GLFW UI. The GLFW UI can be used from command prompt (Windows) or terminal (Linux/Mac) but it should also be able to drag and drop on Windows. If you're already using the Qt UI, chances are you don't need to use the GLFW UI, as both are equal in terms of compatability, speed, etc. For whatever reason your citra.exe isn't working, but even if it did work you probably won't find any reason to use it over the Qt UI. The Qt UI has more features and is more user-friendly than the GLFW UI.

Thanks for clearing that up. However it has been stated that the new build with sound emulation requires the ROM to run from citra.exe which doesn't launch at all for me. Citra-qt.exe runs but with no sound.

Hydr8gon

Dragon Trainer
Developer
Trophies
Website
hydr8gon.github.io
XP
Country
Canada
Thanks for clearing that up. However it has been stated that the new build with sound emulation requires the ROM to run from citra.exe which doesn't launch at all for me. Citra-qt.exe runs but with no sound.
If the uploaded audio build only came with citra.exe, I suppose you would need to use that. Personally, I compile my own builds, so when I compiled a build with the audio commits, I got citra.exe and citra-qt.exe, both supporting audio. If you want to learn how to build it yourself there is an easy to follow guide on Citra's GitHub here. When building the audio branch, change "git clone --recursive https://github.com/citra-emu/citra.git" to "git clone --recursive https://github.com/MerryMage/citra.git -b dsp_hle". Also be sure to check "CITRA_USE_BUNDLED_OPENAL" in CMake. In my experience, the OpenAL binaries don't download correctly using CMake at the moment, so download the file here and extract it in "(wherever you downloaded the code to)/citra/build/externals". After that you should be able to build as the guide says without error. Hopefully this is easy enough to follow for you ;)

Side note: I have my own Citra branch which includes the audio commits as well as CRO, fragment lighting, and save fix commits, all on top of the latest commits from the master branch. If you want to compile it instead, use the command "https://github.com/SeannyM/citra.git -b misc-prs".

Leo121

Trophies
XP
Country
Trinidad and Tobago
If the uploaded audio build only came with citra.exe, I suppose you would need to use that. Personally, I compile my own builds, so when I compiled a build with the audio commits, I got citra.exe and citra-qt.exe, both supporting audio. If you want to learn how to build it yourself there is an easy to follow guide on Citra's GitHub here. When building the audio branch, change "git clone --recursive https://github.com/citra-emu/citra.git" to "git clone --recursive https://github.com/MerryMage/citra.git -b dsp_hle". Also be sure to check "CITRA_USE_BUNDLED_OPENAL" in CMake. In my experience, the OpenAL binaries don't download correctly using CMake at the moment, so download the file here and extract it in "(wherever you downloaded the code to)/citra/build/externals". After that you should be able to build as the guide says without error. Hopefully this is easy enough to follow for you ;)

Side note: I have my own Citra branch which includes the audio commits as well as CRO, fragment lighting, and save fix commits, all on top of the latest commits from the master branch. If you want to compile it instead, use the command "https://github.com/SeannyM/citra.git -b misc-prs".

Thanks. Learning to compile is something I've always been hesitant on. Looks like I'm gonna give it a go.

Wolfgange

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
**Removed irrelevant post about using GitHub pages after checking the note at the bottom of the website**

By the way, the site looks great and very professional :).

Last edited by Wolfgange,

vayanui8

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So this is its normal state? I am sure I saw videos of people running the game much faster!
your processor is way too slow to be anywhere near full speed. The emulator isn't going to run at full speed for anyone, and it looks like you're using a laptop, which is a real setback. If you want a comparison of what you're up against my PC is clocked in at 4.2 GHZ, and the videos you are watching are probably on something comparable if not better. Your processor just can't keep up with the load of unoptimized citra, and chances are it'll never be running it at full speed because newer hardware will become available.

Reactions: Pablitox

Miguel Gomez

Trophies
XP
Country
I was wondering...
What is the meaning of this?
"Audio <Error> core\audio\audio.cpp:Audio::Tick:294: Channel 1: We have far far too many buffers enqueued (11 of them)"
and while testing some games(except for DK Country, Sonic Generations, and Cave Story), the audio keeps on looping and then hangs.
Any solution for this?

I assume that you don't know or something negative. Like I already test Citra for almost a year and I have no clue why is Citra with Audio hangs on some games.

Last edited by Miguel Gomez,

Miguel Gomez

Trophies
XP
Country

Strange. After I build Citra, I got the error "OpenAL32.dll is missing". Am I going to renamed soft_oal.dll to OpenAL32.dll?

EDIT: Nvm. I fixed it. But I got another problem. It seems that some games are getting Broken Panic attack.

Last edited by Miguel Gomez,

Hydr8gon

Dragon Trainer
Developer
Trophies
Website
hydr8gon.github.io
XP
Country
Canada
Strange. After I build Citra, I got the error "OpenAL32.dll is missing". Am I going to renamed soft_oal.dll to OpenAL32.dll?

EDIT: Nvm. I fixed it. But I got another problem. It seems that some games are getting Broken Panic attack.
Oops, when writing my post I forgot about OpenAL32.dll, but yeah, for anyone else wondering you rename soft_oal.dll from the downloaded OpenAL binaries and place it in the folder with the .exes. I don't know what to say your panic error though. Is this something that only happens on your compiled build and not on downloaded builds? If so, I've never heard of anything like that so I can't really say how to fix it. Unless there are some regressions in the commits that I don't know about, but I haven't run into anything like that.

Last edited by Hydr8gon,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/wZgjSNb-o4c?si=ajt4Lgq_LTYcXxs2 +1