Homebrew CitrAGB - 3DS GBA Emulator (WIP)

hippy dave

BBMB
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Gwatman (homebrew) runs perfect, Kuru Kuru Kururin runs almost perfect, Metroid Zero Mission runs a little stuttery, Zelda ALTTP runs a little more stuttery, Denki Blocks doesn't run, Qwak (homebrew) doesn't run.

Very promising :D

Reactions: Margen67 and SLiV3R

Idaho

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Well it seems to work well, only need a bit of polishing but I could play Sonic Advance at full speed with a few minor graphic glitches, F-Zero has its sound a bit choppy but runs well, this is fantastic !!

I think it's time to add features and make the emu convenient to use, scaling, maybe filters, fix the file browser so it can access any folder, don't let the quit button on "X" and rather make something like gameyob or Blarg...

jamieyello

Professional Dumbass
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I followed the directions and downloaded the version on the first post and I only got a black screen when loading the emulator. Im using an old 3DS with the current version of Ninjhax.

The emu crashes when I try to access the ROM folder I created in the CitrAGB directory :'(

I have a feeling these problems are connected. I have a long list of >100 gba roms, when I try to open my gba folder it crashes, so it might have to do with how the program handles that. If your long list is on the root then it might crash for no apparent reason when you first start it.

Edit also Citragb fails to load every single rom I try (except the actual gba_bios.bin for some reason, a real one I ripped from my own gba lol), I took out all the spaces and only have 6 roms in one folder. I replaced the game config file to. 9.2 firmware US old 3ds

davhuit

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Well it seems to work well, only need a bit of polishing but I could play Sonic Advance at full speed with a few minor graphic glitches, F-Zero has its sound a bit choppy but runs well, this is fantastic !!

I think it's time to add features and make the emu convenient to use, scaling, maybe filters, fix the file browser so it can access any folder, don't let the quit button on "X" and rather make something like gameyob or Blarg...

Scaling and filters will make the emulator slower, which doesn't run at fullspeed yet.

I can't talk for shinyquagsire23 but usually, those kind of options (scaling and filters) aren't developped on emulators before they can run most games at fullspeed. Because, once they are developped, you often have to optimize the emulator again to keep it running at fullspeed.

Reactions: Margen67

Idaho

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Scaling and filters will make the emulator slower, which doesn't run at fullspeed yet.

I can't talk for shinyquagsire23 but usually, those kind of options (scaling and filters) aren't developped on emulators before they can run most games at fullspeed. Because, once they are developped, you often have to optimize the emulator again to keep it running at fullspeed.

It'll make it slower only if you use it, those feature must be here at some point and I think it's a good time to do it, at least the UI fixes...

prototech

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It'll make it slower only if you use it, those feature must be here at some point and I think it's a good time to do it...

I disagree. If those features take any significant amount of time, efforts would be better put into cored development at this point.

shinyquagsire23

SALT/Sm4sh Leak Guy
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
OK some clarification here:

First things first, emuNAND will not currently work. Basically the issue is you're running a 9.5/9.7 FIRM on top of a 9.2 NAND image, so it'll work for most things but fail when trying to memchunkhax and it will fail to recognize your kernel version. >9.2 will be added later once I get .cia situated. Also, we ship with libkhax now, so there is no need to open FBI or anything in order to get it working. In fact I believe that didn't work before due to a certain number of reasons. Also, folders are broken, working on getting that fixed as well.

Kawaii

Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
OK some clarification here:

First things first, emuNAND will not currently work. Basically the issue is you're running a 9.5/9.7 FIRM on top of a 9.2 NAND image, so it'll work for most things but fail when trying to memchunkhax and it will fail to recognize your kernel version. >9.2 will be added later once I get .cia situated. Also, we ship with libkhax now, so there is no need to open FBI or anything in order to get it working. In fact I believe that didn't work before due to a certain number of reasons. Also, folders are broken, working on getting that fixed as well.

What about GW Sysnand mode? will that suppose work. I usually load my ninjhax via CN.3ds in GW sysnand 9.0

shinyquagsire23

SALT/Sm4sh Leak Guy
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What about GW Sysnand mode? will that suppose work. I usually load my ninjhax via CN.3ds in GW sysnand 9.0

Nope, sysNAND mode also uses a 9.5/9.7 FIRM image as well. Best way to do it for now is an actual cart on sysNAND, but I'll probably have a .cia going within a few days depending on how things go.

Kawaii

Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
Nope, sysNAND mode also uses a 9.5/9.7 FIRM image as well. Best way to do it for now is an actual cart on sysNAND, but I'll probably have a .cia going within a few days depending on how things go.

How does sysnand mode uses 9.5/9.7 FW if its on FW 9.0?

Anyway if you say so, I probably just wait for the cia release =)

shinyquagsire23

SALT/Sm4sh Leak Guy
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
How does sysnand mode uses 9.5/9.7 FW if its on FW 9.0?

Anyway if you say so, I probably just wait for the cia release =)

Basically the FIRMs are somewhat backwards compatible. A 9.7 NATIVE_FIRM can easily run a 4.5 NAND image, so all your apps and stuff are at 4.5 but the actual kernel is at 9.7. As such, all fixes with 9.2 and above are there, but rohax and stuff needed to launch ninjhax are not I guess. The big issue is just ARM11 kernel hax, but with a .cia we can just grant ourselves access to any SVC to that's not an issue. Hopefully.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://www.tmz.com/2024/06/08/george-lopez-accuse-walk-out-leave-show-early-heckler-shade-eagle-...