Homebrew CitrAGB - 3DS GBA Emulator (WIP)

AtlasFontaine

Trophies
XP
Country
Venezuela
New updates for CitrAGB!
  • CIA releases are now N3DS-enhanced, giving the 3x speedboost seen in ninjhax2 in addition to the existing dynrec. Most if not all games run full speed now for N3DS.
  • The home button is functional in all screens.
  • X now goes to the home screen for CIA releases, allowing you to exit the app or switch apps in the middle of a game
Most notably, games which were OBJ-heavy have had their drawing times dramatically increased for N3DS CIAs (ie Spyro), vblank and hblank interrupts now do not cause lag at all (this was especially noticable in Pokemon games during grass battles). This basically brings it up to par with the speeds you'd expect from a PSP or similar device running a gpsp port.

As usual, the latest releases are in the main post.

EDIT: A note to those compiling from source, you'll need to compile the latest version of makerom from profi200's Project_CTR Github repo in order for the RSF to work with the added flags for N3DS enhancement. I don't have a setup to compile those for Windows or Mac at the moment, so if someone could compile that I'd appreciate it (and I'm sure other homebrew authors would as well).
How does the cia Ver with dynarec in O3DS?

wangtang32000

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
artstation.com
XP
Country
United States
New updates for CitrAGB!
  • CIA releases are now N3DS-enhanced, giving the 3x speedboost seen in ninjhax2 in addition to the existing dynrec. Most if not all games run full speed now for N3DS.
  • The home button is functional in all screens.
  • X now goes to the home screen for CIA releases, allowing you to exit the app or switch apps in the middle of a game
Most notably, games which were OBJ-heavy have had their drawing times dramatically increased for N3DS CIAs (ie Spyro), vblank and hblank interrupts now do not cause lag at all (this was especially noticable in Pokemon games during grass battles). This basically brings it up to par with the speeds you'd expect from a PSP or similar device running a gpsp port.

As usual, the latest releases are in the main post.

EDIT: A note to those compiling from source, you'll need to compile the latest version of makerom from profi200's Project_CTR Github repo in order for the RSF to work with the added flags for N3DS enhancement. I don't have a setup to compile those for Windows or Mac at the moment, so if someone could compile that I'd appreciate it (and I'm sure other homebrew authors would as well).

awesome, time to try space channel 5 \o/

shinyquagsire23

SALT/Sm4sh Leak Guy
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Did a small comparison video in case anyone was curious about the speed gains from o3DS/n3DS dynrec to N3DS 3x dynrec, for some games it makes no difference, for others it removes all previous stutters. In any case it makes most games playable without stuttering in sound or fps:

My camera didn't do it any good for the screen unfortunately, but the sound gives a general idea.

Last edited by shinyquagsire23,
Reactions: ihaveahax

Smoker1

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Grabbed the latest .cia. DKC runs perfectly on the N3DS. SSF2TR on the other hand..........almost locked up the System if I did not Exit out of it. Everything just crashed down in terms of FPS. Dont know if a Unmodded Copy would do it. Mine has been Trainer Patched. Thing is, DKC is Patched in the same way and it works perfectly

Last edited by Smoker1,

shinyquagsire23

SALT/Sm4sh Leak Guy
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Grabbed the latest .cia. DKC runs perfectly on the N3DS. SSF2TR on the other hand..........almost locked up the System if I did not Exit out of it. Everything just crashed down in terms of FPS. Dont know if a Unmodded Copy would do it. Mine has been Trainer Patched. Thing is, DKC is Patched in the same way and it works perfectly
Hm, not sure on that one. I'll have to test on that one, but I don't see any reasons for it to run super slow unless the game itself has some weird wait loops or isn't compatible with gpsp at all.

Reactions: Smoker1

shinyquagsire23

SALT/Sm4sh Leak Guy
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
0zDnzoq.jpg
Got 32MB roms working finally. As usual, download is in the main post.

Smoker1

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I 2nd that inquiry. Would be nice to increase the Screen Size to see how it works. If anything, the RetroArch gpSP Core is OK. But has slowdowns at times with certain Roms.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://www.tmz.com/2024/06/08/george-lopez-accuse-walk-out-leave-show-early-heckler-shade-eagle-...