Gaming Classic NES Games played in 3D, playable demos at E3

Bluestainedroses

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I feel like saying ''This guy is a dick because he's being so happy when we cannot experience it.'' But my anger is blinded by the awesome. Playing my favorite NES/SNES games will be a new era and become a new meaning to ''Nostalgia'' with the 3D function in them now.

dsfanatic5

Team ICO Freak
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's funny. I've never heard of IRateGamer, yet they're the first I've heard to report on classid 2D games in 3D at E3. How did all the major, respectable websites overlook this? And why does all the 2D footage look like bad emulators with weird cropping on the sides.

If it's legit, that's just more good news for the 3DS. But there's only so much 3D that can be implemented into older 2D games, mostly offering depth between layers of parallax scrolling. Don't expect the games to change much.

Zarxrax

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Uh, this news was out on day 1 after the 3ds was shown. Several news outlets reported on it.
And unlike what is reported in the video, nintendo has NOT said that these games will be available for download. They were merely demos.

Deathmore

Trophies
XP
Country
The irategamer is confused, they never had classic games.

Irategamer has had some issues before and Im not sure if this is mistak he made or that he's trying to fool people again again again.

EDIT: Lesson learned by me. Seriously why didn't I hear this before.

granville

GBAtemp Goat
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah i don't mean to toot my own horn here, but it's rather old news-
http://gbatemp.net/t234163-more-retro-3ds-...-way-older-ones

Awesome news of course though. Nintendo World Report listed the full lineup of retro games shown in 3D-

Kirby's Adventure
Castlevania
Tennis
Metroid
Mario Bros.
The Legend of Zelda
Super Mario Bros.
The Mysterious Castle Muramase
Punch-Out!!
Excitebike
NES Open Tournament Golf
Twinbee (RainbowBell)
Super Mario World
Smash Ping Pong
Super Mario World 2: Yoshi's Island
Kid Icarus
Urban Champion
Castlevania
Mega Man 2
Kirby's Adventure

OmerMe

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Iceland
Zarxrax said:
Uh, this news was out on day 1 after the 3ds was shown. Several news outlets reported on it.
And unlike what is reported in the video, nintendo has NOT said that these games will be available for download. They were merely demos.
^This.

But IIRC, they weren't playable, just a slideshow and you could switch games with the shoulder buttons I think.

Edit: AW. I've been beaten.

Schizoanalysis

From somewhere inside the rabbit hole...
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
WOOT!? Zelda, Zelda, Zelda Zelda, Zelda, Zelda, Zelda, Zelda, Zelda, Zelda, Zelda, Zelda, Zelda, Zelda, Zelda, Zelda, Zelda, Zelda, Zelda, Zelda, Zelda, Zelda, Zelda, Zelda, Zelda, Zelda, Zelda, Zelda, Zelda, Zelda, Zelda?

DunkrWunkah

GBAtemp's Official Dunkr
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I hope that Nintendo will offer these for download from Virtual Console on 3DS. I also wonder what the 3DS gui will look like, but that's another thread.

granville

GBAtemp Goat
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Clydefrosch said:
so i assume, what they do is move the layers appart a little bit and call it 3d?
That's technically what 3D does as a whole. At least for 2D animation. Separates layers and pops them out at you at varying distances. The end effect looks good though.

Veho

The man who cried "Ni".
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
Clydefrosch said:
so i assume, what they do is move the layers appart a little bit and call it 3D?
2.5D
wink.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: +1